PDA

View Full Version : exhausts

jigga89SEi
02-11-2003, 06:19 AM
What is the most efficient full exhaust to get for a 89 SEi in everyone's opinion?

smufguy
02-11-2003, 06:41 AM
Dc headers, Highflow cat, dynomax or whatever muffler u want and custom piping.

On the side note: This question has been asked like a billion times, Not to be a prick, but hit the search button on the top right to look for stuff before u ask cause this board has been around for a year or so and its possible that whatever u have in mind might have been asked.

Jims 86LXI HB
02-11-2003, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by jigga89SEi
What is the most efficient full exhaust to get for a 89 SEi in everyone's opinion?

Since their is only one company that makes a cat back, it is truely up to you. You need to decide what YOU believe makes power. You have to figure out what muffler to use, which one makes the most power. And no one here has done a dyno test on a header either, so their no help their either. You have the pacesetter to buy and the Dc Sports header to buy, they are $155 and $304 respectively.

I had reason to believe that the Dynomax super turbo muffler made more power than the pacesetter, so that's what I had a muffler shop create for me.

1988starter
02-11-2003, 12:33 PM
I am very happy with my pacesetter header and highflow cat along with 2.25 mandrel bent dynomax exhaust.

Mantis88LX
02-11-2003, 12:49 PM
1988starter what did u do about the sqeaking under neath the car from the pacesetter header? its driving me crazy!

1988starter
02-11-2003, 12:52 PM
I have not heard the squeaking but I guess you mean the ball joint if you really hate it but a flex pipe extention

http://www.jcwhitney.com/product.jhtml?CATID=176678&BQ=jcw2
and have it welded into place.

Kevin
02-11-2003, 08:02 PM
Spend the money and dont get a muffler that sounds lie shit like a Dynomax or something!!! I have a Apexi turbo style N1 and sounds so good!!! Most cheaper mufflers buzz and sound like shit!!! Let someone drive your car so you can hear from outside!!! It sounds totally diffrent!!!!

Jims 86LXI HB
02-11-2003, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Kevin
Spend the money and dont get a muffler that sounds lie shit like a Dynomax or something!!! I have a Apexi turbo style N1 and sounds so good!!! Most cheaper mufflers buzz and sound like shit!!! Let someone drive your car so you can hear from outside!!! It sounds totally diffrent!!!!

That's funny I think what you have sound's like shit. (Now that didn't sound very nice DID IT!,...get my point. :mad: ) Find another way to justify how much you spent. Dynomax, magnaflow's, and flowmasters are all great sounding mufflers, they don't buzz and they sound great, nice deep low tones. BTW, tunnels or alley ways are all anyone needs to hear their own muffler, I loved listening to my Dynomax ever chance I had it sounded awesome.

1988starter
02-12-2003, 05:57 AM
I am with jim also dynomax has proven time and time again to be one of the best flowing mufflers around.

3G Jester
02-12-2003, 07:53 AM
dynomax gets pretty good results
... or if your emitions isnt comming up for a while....just run a 2.25 straight pipe from the headers....lol loud as hell and no back preasure....

*EDIT*
sory....im an asshole :sadwave:

smufguy
02-12-2003, 08:17 AM
IF you go to my website, you will see a muffler in the Mods section. Its a tubular Magnaflow. You see, i am not gonna get that. I was wanting people to make a comment on it, but no one did. Those mufflers that u see civic guys and integra guys and some nissans have em. They are all sound, but not the one you want. Besides, thats one of the reason their car is shitty while driving too. Way too big exhaust + piping for that small engine. So If u wanna take a vote, I would say that The Dynomax Super Turbo muffler would the number one choice even from people who own different mufflers.

Also, when someone is trying to ask an opinion, dont go trashing about anything that you had no experience with. It just makes you look dumb. You know what i am talking about.

Project-LXi
02-13-2003, 01:26 PM
I went with a MaxSpeed muffler, It gives a very deep resonant tone. I dont know if anyone else has experience with these mufflers, but I am very satisfied with mine.

smufguy
02-13-2003, 02:13 PM
thats the kinda reply we expect. Nice reply Matt, never came across that muffler though. How much was it?

cdscowboy
02-13-2003, 03:01 PM
I have a Racer's Design AGM style dual-tip muffler and I had Meineke do the cat-back piping. I'm really happy with both parts. The exhaust gets tedious after a couple hours of consistent driving though, so I put some Dynamat in between the muffler's heatshield and the underside of the car. Helped quite a bit. Still plenty loud on the outside, too!! Just a little nicer inside now :)

3G Jester
02-13-2003, 06:01 PM
Some people on the board have had *expense problems* with minakie...so others tend to do local shops instead to get pipes bent.

any place can rip you off...only some places and some times though...just depends where you go----price shop first. It might also be cheeper to get your pipe first from somewhere else then bring it to someone to have it bent...rather then buying the pipe from them in the first place.