PDA

View Full Version : getting auto-x'ers for 100beans on friday.

markmdz89hatch
02-11-2003, 08:51 AM
...so yeah like the title says.... ....I spent about 1hr. talking to a guy yesterday who has a few sets of autocrossers (205/50/15) for sale for only 100 per set of four. They are used, but still have some life left in 'em.

He's got Kumho Ecsta's and Victoracers. I told him I wanted one set of the victor's and maybe another set, but Ecsta's for the 2nd set. This was mainly so I could see which tire I preffered for the auto-x.

Best part, the reason this guy has them for sale is b/c he's a racer, and likes to play it safe, and use a new set everytime he races. Looks like this could be the break I was waiting for. I'm going to talk to him quite a bit over the next few weeks, and see if he can help get me in to the racing scene. I'm talking Limerock, Poco's, and other local/area tracks. I'll just try and shine on this upcoming auto-x season, and learn all that I can.

Who know's in about 2yrs. you guys just might see a White '89 3G Hatch barreling down the straight at limerock, or showing off it's suspension abilities through the S's while passing whatever was in it's way.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Today is a good day!

Jims 86LXI HB
02-11-2003, 09:57 AM
So he's got 712's and Victoracers in 205/50-15 for $100 for a set, wow that a a lucky find. I didn't think Vitoracers were avaliable in that size (I just don't recall, not a serious thing:tongue: )

markmdz89hatch
02-11-2003, 11:44 AM
No no, I think the Ecsta's are actually the Ecsta V700's. Actually, if he really does have the Victoracers, those would also be a V700.

But you do bring up a valid concern, I'll have to get back to you and let you know the verdict on that.