PDA

View Full Version : Brake issues, *Need Help*

Hondanewb
06-04-2017, 09:49 AM
So, If you haven't kept up with my 3geez progress, I recently got into a collision on my passenger side front fender.

The impact was enough to blow the tire out and bend the rim.

But now, I've got no break booster vacuum whatsoever.

The pedal goes all the way to the floor and only applies the brakes when i'm literally standing on the pedal with two feet.

And, whenever i lift off the break pedal and the booster draws vacuum from the manifold it depletes Manifold vacuum and stalls the car out.

Could a blown caliper piston cause this issue? *Side note* I did lock the breaks up whenever the accident happened, But I drove the car a little ways afterwards to park it in a safe place with none of these symptoms mentioned.

Any thoughts?

I've bled the brakes, Checked break booster vacuum line and check valve for leaks and everything seems fine. Break fluid is full as well with no leakage from any wheel cylinder. Help??

Oldblueaccord
06-04-2017, 07:00 PM
Not sure about the accident part but....

If you two footed the brake pedal and it went "to the floor" there is a good chance you have ruined the master cylinder internally. Pushing past where it "stops" means you just rammed the piston thru the bore and then some. Aggressive bleeding will do it.

Dr_Snooz
06-04-2017, 08:39 PM
Also, if you hear hissing under the dash, there's a good chance you ruptured the diaphragm in the booster.