PDA

View Full Version : Stock HU wiring problem

jay
05-25-2002, 02:53 PM
I still have my stock HU (which doesn't match any Accord HU I've ever seen pics of... :confused: ), and my [stock] speakers have been working on and off for a while now. I'm not much of an audiophile, so it didn't bother me much; I'd just turn it up to compensate for the missing speakers.

Well, lately all of the speakers have been going out at once. I've found that if I reach up and right from under the driver's side dash I can poke at a wire bundle to get all the speakers to come on and go off. Unfortunately, I can't get it to stick in any good position. :(

Anyways, audio is a low priority for me, but I'd still like to hear something while I drive. I just want to know what to expect when I pull my dash apart in search of the problem. Is it common for the stock wiring harnesses to go bad, or is the some loose connection I'll be able to jury-rig back together?

Let me know; thanks! :D

shepherd79
05-25-2002, 06:17 PM
i don't think you have to take the dash apart.
just take the HU out and see if it is a connection. sometimes they go bad. you never know. if it is connector you can try to fix it. or you can get yourself a cheap HU and cut that sucker out, ( i did on mine) and splice the wires. it is that simple.

88WhiteLX-i
05-25-2002, 11:24 PM
The reasons your speakers don't work is probably that they are blown and your HU is gone. You can probably pick up some
cheap-o speakers if it's not an issue with you. but You DO NOT HAVE TO cut your wires in the back, just buy a wiring harness for your year accord. then wire the harness to the nes hu you buy and plug both ends in. Then you're all set, simple as that. getting the hu out you have to come up from behind the radio, you have to go under the dash there should be 2 screws way up there, then just pull it out from the front, mount the other one in there and you're all set!!! ;)