PDA

View Full Version : no more photobucket

lostforawhile
06-28-2017, 06:16 PM
well it looks like all my years of photos up ere are gone, photo bucket blocked all image hosting, unless I want to pay 399 dollar a year :nuts: that means about 90
percent of the pictures on the entire site are no longer available, we just lost more then a decade of 3geez photos, many unrecoverable

Dr_Snooz
07-01-2017, 06:38 PM
Say what? It looks to be working properly to me. Not that it wouldn't surprise me if they went offline, mind you.

Nice to see you again, Lost. How are things?

Hauntd ca3
07-02-2017, 11:56 AM
It looks ok to me .
But there has been a change in conditions of use .
Can cost up to 400 per year for unlimited hosting and unlimited band width , there is still a free option but i think there are a few linking restrictions

Legend_master
07-06-2017, 06:17 PM
All the pictures I have on here are posted on Photobucket and they want me to pay to host them off site.

2oodoor
07-11-2017, 02:54 PM
This sucks and without much warning too, and thank us lazy mods for not going thru entire sections to save hosted pics to our server when we were given the opportunity/ability to. I did several but went back to work so life goes. Im sorry we lost/ losing so many important and treasured images here.
Maybe but not likely, some still have sd cards, discs, un-smart flip phones and cameras or a closet full of old un supported os pc's that have old pics still on them... maybe. But the task of reposting those in the appropriate places is just as time consuming and labor intense as with mods going thru threads and uploading 3rd party images to the server so they belong to the board. Sigh, dam social media killed so much and now this is just another twist of the knife to forums.

2oodoor
07-11-2017, 03:02 PM
I havn't visited nor heard from my photobucket acct in a few years the site got so buggy I got wary of logging in personally, I would hate to lose whats in mine, it's easier than digging thru stored files across multiple devices as I mentioned:D

lostforawhile
07-11-2017, 03:06 PM
none of my photos work this see you see so many update your account to enable photos icons everywhere, not just here but on every forum I'm on

2oodoor
07-11-2017, 03:13 PM
Oh theres more than one photobucket thread... anyhew last night before I read this I tried to save a pic so I could share it on fb, wouldn't work... but hey screenshot saved the day. This may be an option to shorten the process of reposting if anybody wants to. Maybe we can talk the Director into allowing Foundation members to access saving images on the server, I don't know, havn't thought this out yet.

2oodoor
07-11-2017, 03:28 PM
Ok, Ive asked about it so we'll see. Probably will merge these photobucketthreads in a bit.

Legend_master
07-11-2017, 04:17 PM
So you can download the albums. Once I get some time I will download, and start uploading them to the forum. I'm pretty sure they are all backed up on a computer somewhere for me lol.

Is this like our reunion thread lol?

gp02a0083
07-12-2017, 06:30 AM
This sucks and without much warning too, and thank us lazy mods for not going thru entire sections to save hosted pics to our server when we were given the opportunity/ability to. I did several but went back to work so life goes. Im sorry we lost/ losing so many important and treasured images here.
Maybe but not likely, some still have sd cards, discs, un-smart flip phones and cameras or a closet full of old un supported os pc's that have old pics still on them... maybe. But the task of reposting those in the appropriate places is just as time consuming and labor intense as with mods going thru threads and uploading 3rd party images to the server so they belong to the board. Sigh, dam social media killed so much and now this is just another twist of the knife to forums.

indeed, the social media feeds like facebook have pretty much nearly halted traffic to the forum. I know several times people have been informed / redirected to the forum,but with minimal success. won't be long at this rate until the forum becomes legacy totally.

Even disregarding the abrupt change in photobucket's hosting policy, a number of people have expressed concern regarding loss of information here on the forum over the past few years. not really anything new here, it was bound to happen, just a matter of time. ill also upload anything i got regarding to the site when i get the chance to dig out old HD's.

guess its time for a forum overhaul?

Oldblueaccord
07-12-2017, 12:22 PM
indeed, the social media feeds like facebook have pretty much nearly halted traffic to the forum. I know several times people have been informed / redirected to the forum,but with minimal success. won't be long at this rate until the forum becomes legacy totally.

Even disregarding the abrupt change in photobucket's hosting policy, a number of people have expressed concern regarding loss of information here on the forum over the past few years. not really anything new here, it was bound to happen, just a matter of time. ill also upload anything i got regarding to the site when i get the chance to dig out old HD's.

guess its time for a forum overhaul?

Just to pick I read the FB pages on off for years. :rofl: Common! I can't think of one thing I have learned off any of them other than people really dont have a clue what they are doing. if they dont want to use a forum that is there loss.

For and 80's model car that wasn't really considered cool at the time it gets good traffic.

I drove my Honda to work last month and got at least 10 different young guys asking about the year and the headlights and stuff. I rarely get that driving my Challenger or my SRT jeep besides nice rims and can you do a burnout.

As far as the photo hosting my imageshack is locked as well and even though I paid them I cant seem to get ahold of them. I have the bank disputing the charge. After the Verticle scope deal with pirate4x4 you want to be able to keep your photos and not let other people make money off them without your permission.

I do this forum because I like these cars and I want to help people work on them and maybe learn something.

AWH
07-13-2017, 05:19 AM
I've been using Tinypic for years now and it still works fine,at least here in the Netherlands it does. Although it is a part of Photobucket as i understand.

It's a shame how they dare to rip people of their uploads on fora like this one.

I wouldn't really know any quick fixes but i hope that people can and will upload some photo's again,it's kind off dull at the moment without pictures.

Auke.