PDA

View Full Version : Gotta Question about getting vents off

86AccordSiR
02-12-2003, 06:21 PM
:confused: I know t his has probably been asked before and stuff...but those vents for the defroster on the doors...how do you get them off? im really stupid when it comes to that crap. cuz i dont wanna break it. How do you get the AC vents off too? is it held by a screw or something? any help would be very much appreciated. :werd:

86hatchbackLXi
02-12-2003, 06:53 PM
you have to take off the door panel, once its off theres a screw of 2 holding the vents in, at least thats the way it is in my hatch

slammedLXI
02-12-2003, 07:20 PM
on my car, 89 idk if its different, but to get the door vents off they just pop off... for the main vents... the passenger one pops out with a screwdriver and the ones around the center cluster u need to unscrew the whole center thing... just pop out all the switchs and there will be a bunch of screws... good luck.

86AccordSiR
02-12-2003, 08:33 PM
Thanx guys. That works out good cuz im gonna paint the entire bottom of my dash anyways. :smokin: I'll post some pics when im done with it.

Tim Yoak
02-21-2003, 09:52 PM
all you have to do is take off the door panel, remove the three screws in the picture, this will allow the duct to come off, then you very carefully push the duct up from the bottom. never use a screwdriver because most of these vents are at least sixteen years old and very brittle. i also had an awful time getting paint to stick to mine, even with an adhesion promoting compound. i actually had to very carefully bead blast the vent so the paint would stick. something about the heat resistant plastic. http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid52/p3fe907fde6e8a14a185c26f55ad8d674/fc9a7c39.jpg