PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a 3 gee, what is available?

TwtrLX
02-13-2003, 10:40 AM
My 1988 Nissan Pathfinder just died on me, bought an '88 Honda Accord LX sedan with 89,578 miles for $400. Already started on the system, but what is available as far as looks...?? I have a factory foglight switch, where can you get the fogs? Or a center console (damn no console honda). How about corner lenses? Dash kits? Any info would be appreciated...

------------------------
'88 LX Sedan
Eclipse in dash changer
(2) Eclipse 8 disc changers
Boston Rally 6 1/2 fronts
no rears
SVR 50 underhood, SVR 80 in trunk
MBR 70 Battery isolator
(2) JL 500/1 mono amps
12" Image Dynamics IDMAX
Kenwood Sirius Satellite setup
ALL INSTALLED BY MYSELF WITHIN A WEEK AND A HALF!!!

blazin3gen
02-13-2003, 10:49 AM
for $400 damn! i would like to see pics of your car

bobafett
02-13-2003, 10:52 AM
ok. as far as aftermarket stuff like corners or clears.. youre on your own.

but search ebay you can find dash kits. we also have gauge bezels you can throw around those gauges. for most cars (except 86 5speed) you can get reverse indiglo guages.

i know for a fact that BensAccordLxi has a tan center console he might sell you... dunno if you are interested or not though...

fogs you can buy at any generic auto parts stores... or online like ebay.. :D

good lucks

Mike's89AccordLX
02-13-2003, 10:54 AM
Hey would you like to sell the foglight switch? Any pics of the car and switch?

blazin3gen
02-13-2003, 11:00 AM
heh to sum up what bobafett said, EBAY :D

3G Jester
02-13-2003, 05:55 PM
Our cars are NOT known for their aftermarket support.....what they ARE known for is RELIABLITY, PERFORMANCE, and FUN. You have to do a lot of it custom.....You can swap your engine, regrind your cam, make a CAI (cold air intake) or SRAI (short ram airintake) for your EFI (i beleive you have an EFI not carb..)

Searchthe board, some people take out the orange part of the corner lenses and replace them with clear stuff. Others build totaly custom tails. Some paint them all red except for the back up lights. there is a lot you can do to our cars, it just takes time and effort. but its all worth it. You can drive a 3g, or any honda int othe ground. and with a dence amount of work you can really get these things going. headers, exhaust and a mufler combined with an intake will give you performance off the bat, you can do custom indiglo gaugues from PAULAERODECK86 (his screen name is something like that---check it out).

DC and PACESETTER are some header/exhaust companies to look for/at...

You can upgrade your head lights to DIAMOND H4 ----which are like super bright projections. Ebay/ performance shop kits are aroube 50-60 bucks. You can get fog lights from damn near any performance shop, walmart, ebay, anywhere. You get what you pay for. i bought a set for 25 and they really made a difference. even for that low a price. they take about 20-30 min to hook up.

re-gap your spark plugs, upgade your wires, even replacing the stock filter with a K&N performance filter (about 40+ for a reusible, cleanable high flow filter at any car/performance shop..or online)

Bondo putty/fiberlass or weld rust and dents and stuff, a paint job for 500 ( quick and dirty at Macco.....get more expensive the better you go)........Strut bar, rims...the list goes on and on....if you have a carburator......you can upgrade to WEBBER carbs...those are real goood......anyways...thats all for now...enjoy the site and i hope we come in handy!!!

where did you hear about us anyway?

3G Jester
02-13-2003, 06:17 PM
ALSO......the head rests from the 90/91 (i BELEIVE those years) 'teg (integra) rit in our slots...they are just hollow in the center and look real cool.....if your carpet is shot you can perchase a new one for 118--i dont know where..but someone did for that price!! real nice too...jsut a nice bit a work to rip everything out and put it back it. but not a real problem getting the carpet in place.

If you want a lip (front spoiler) you can make one from a CRX lip (or 2) or a Mazda lip...i belive its an early 90's mazda of some sort. not to sure.

just use the search function at the top of the page if you have any questions--most liekyl theres a library of informations already written about whatever it is....plus directions, pics and all sorts of stuff. Also the "How to" and FAQ sections.....

I dont mean to insult you buy labeling some of the abreviations, ect...its just i didnt know those terms when i first got to the board! hahaha so i figured if you were like me you might need it...hehe......but by the *sounds* (hahahaha) of your system work...lol pun intended...i figure you know your way around a good deal....HOWEVER...the altinators of our cars have been know to quit on big systems....an upgrade might be good or at least a 1 or 2 ferrad capacitor to hold the power for your system.

Flip top trunks are possible with our cars.....you can ususaly find directions and kits on ebay....

If you have time...just get a tape measure and spend a good deal of time getting to know the shape and size of your car...then just go to a Junkyard and wander......look around, see what you see. Some of the LX-i's and SE-i's have stuff that is still usable...like the SE-i's had armrests!!! but if u find one ...you dont want it..send it too me ;) ..... you can find jsut about anything at a j/y.....jsut find a cheep one that lets you pick and pull.

just remember ANYTHING is possible...it just depends on how much money and time your willing to donate to the project....

MrBen
02-13-2003, 09:45 PM
I want an armrest dammit. I bought the console storage thing that goes around the clutch base.

3G Jester
02-13-2003, 11:46 PM
All this crap should be in an FAQ or an email or somthing......so that way its right there for everyone.....the basics/minor custom stuff you can do. Just to give people the base of knowlege to wrok from. i know that i was sooooo clueless when i first got here...... might help.

TwtrLX
02-15-2003, 05:19 PM
dont remember where i came across this forum, maybe carsound.com forum?? cant remember seriously. Theres not too many junkyards around here, but i do work at a car audio shop and my installers are real good at fabricating almost anything whether it be related to audio or not, might have them glass me a custom center console (maybe with cupholders!!). I am in the process of making my own fiberglass kick panels for components, i will have a mold if anyone is interested in a pair. And my bad about the factory foglight switch, dont really have it, what i thought was the fog switch is the head up/down switch (which doesnt work). Any stereo/fabrication questions lemme know, that is my domain.
---------------------------------------------------
'88 Accord LX
Boston components
Eclipse deck, changers
Image dynamic sub
Svr batteries
JL audio amps
monster cable

wallyyfm
02-17-2003, 06:02 AM
u bought it for 400...what shape is it in...any second thoughts on it let me know

Neuspeed007
02-17-2003, 11:28 PM
i got one awnsr for ya..................Carparts.com (http://www.carpartswholesale.com/cgi-bin/carpartswholesale/index?mv_session_id=AQT6zkdB&mv_pc=78&cat=ALL)