PDA

View Full Version : Where to install a second oilpressure sender ?

AWH
07-27-2017, 01:41 AM
I added a gauge cluster incl. oilpressure, but i want to keep the original oilpressure indicator on my dashboard. So i have to place the new oilpressuresender on a new spot on the engine. Is there another place to put one in ?
Seemingly i can't connect the old and new one together because of different Ohms/resistors for the readings. Is this true ?

Auke.

Shane86
07-27-2017, 09:03 AM
Hook it up to a Oil sandwich plate

2ndGenGuy
07-27-2017, 11:55 AM
The threads on the block are BSPT thread (I think 3/8 BSPT). If you go online, you can probably find a Tee fitting and adapter... Find out the fittings on your aftermarket gauge (here in the US a lot of them are NPT I believe). The difference between BSPT and NPT is 1 thread. So while it looks the same, and they will START to thread together, you will ultimately chew it up.

I had a guy at the local hardware store tell me that my fitting was NPT because it threaded in. He didn't even know BSPT was a thing, so don't let anybody tell you otherwise.

Or you can do the sandwich plate, as suggested. That might be the easier route.

I think this is covered already if you do a search on the site.

Shane86
07-30-2017, 01:39 PM
the threads on the block are bspt thread (i think 3/8 bspt). If you go online, you can probably find a tee fitting and adapter... Find out the fittings on your aftermarket gauge (here in the us a lot of them are npt i believe). The difference between bspt and npt is 1 thread. So while it looks the same, and they will start to thread together, you will ultimately chew it up.

I had a guy at the local hardware store tell me that my fitting was npt because it threaded in. He didn't even know bspt was a thing, so don't let anybody tell you otherwise.

Or you can do the sandwich plate, as suggested. That might be the easier route.

I think this is covered already if you do a search on the site.

x2

AWH
07-31-2017, 10:00 AM
Sandwich plate is a good one,didn't know that existed. Just not sure if two oilpressuresenders will fit next together. Aftermarket one is quite big.
I'll try to figure that out. Sensors are electrical by the way.
Wanted to do a T fit,but the engine entrance thread is conical ,gauge thread is straight',or other way around... Doesnt appearantly come in one T.
Thanks for thinking along,appreciate.
Will search forum again.

Auke.

Shane86
07-31-2017, 02:03 PM
Sandwich plate is a good one,didn't know that existed. Just not sure if two oilpressuresenders will fit next together. Aftermarket one is quite big.
I'll try to figure that out. Sensors are electrical by the way.
Wanted to do a T fit,but the engine entrance thread is conical ,gauge thread is straight',or other way around... Doesnt appearantly come in one T.
Thanks for thinking along,appreciate.
Will search forum again.

Auke.

On my sandwich plate is a oil pressure sensor and oil temperature sensor

Shane86
08-05-2017, 10:23 AM
On my sandwich plate is a oil pressure sensor and oil temperature sensor

The first picture shows a stock oil pressure sensor on one side and my Turbo line on the other you could always put the new pressure sensor on the opposite side

AWH
08-05-2017, 10:46 AM
Why did you put your stock oilpressuresender on the sandwichplate and not keep it at its original place ? And what is there mounted now on what i believe was the original stock oilpressuresenders place ?

Auke.