PDA

View Full Version : Electric power 3g

carotman
02-13-2003, 07:57 PM
Anyone has the link to the Electric powered 3g hatchback????

I can't find it anymore.

Neuspeed87lx
02-13-2003, 08:07 PM
sorry i dont have the link but i would like to see it .... when i was in high school my automotive class worked on a electric mazda rx7 ... its finally almost done now... after like 6 years of working on it

3G Jester
02-13-2003, 10:32 PM
mazda Rx7 ??? isnt that the weinkel/rotary engine?!?

Jareds 89 LX-i
02-13-2003, 10:47 PM
I think this is the one you're looking for

http://www.austinev.org/evalbum/338.html

and here's more on it...

http://www.brassrat.net/ev/

carotman
02-14-2003, 04:47 AM
yeah. Thanks alot, thats the one I was looking for.

3G Jester
02-14-2003, 05:55 AM
OK...it is the rx7 that has the rotary engine....not to be a dick but you must have your mazda's mixed up. noone would take or give a rotary engine to high school to rip out and destroy...those are some of the highest performing engines out there.........either that or it was an rx7....just who ever ownned it be fore donating it to your school KILLED the engine....

I suggest you look up on rotary engines if you unfamilar with them....they are sooo fuggin cool. And their design is incredible.

Grant2k
02-14-2003, 11:35 AM
i don't thnk they would take the engine out and "destroy" it. they probably sold it.

1989 DX R
02-14-2003, 01:11 PM
He spend 20k on that. What a dumbass.

dXsquared
02-14-2003, 01:16 PM
what a fuckin tool!
FUCK THE ENVIROMENT! GET A TURBO H22 IN THAT BEEOTCH!

Travis

Grant2k
02-14-2003, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by 1989 DX R
He spend 20k on that. What a dumbass.
dude, i'm not a tree hugger but it's still pretty cool. i don't think he's a dumb ass at all. he's doing what he wants and learning stuff.

1989 DX R
02-14-2003, 03:41 PM
But 20k. Thats like...4 used 3 geez in PRIMO condition. 1 3g fully pimped to the max.

Non sequitor.

3G Jester
02-15-2003, 01:34 PM
Well i guess not destroy it...but what i more or less ment was......*not make use of* a high performance sports sedan.

and as for the enviornment i think its awseom!! hes still getting over 100 mph---so its not like a 50 mph slow pos, like some electric cars---he actualy made a really good electric car!!! its a lot better then most electric cars in production, or that have been made. Gas wont last froever, and neither will the ozone layer. I think what he did is a huge step in the right diretion. I just wish u could soup up an electric car.... :rolleyes: :tongue:

cruznz
02-15-2003, 11:45 PM
:lol :lol ....rotarys'.........:flipa: :lol

3G Jester
02-16-2003, 10:57 AM
wtf are you laughing at? rotaries are like the most power economical engines ever built! Go research em and find out how they work. you'll cry at their power and sound.they may not be fuel efficiant.....but they create so much power......

Grant2k
02-16-2003, 01:11 PM
longevity is what makes rotaries really interesting.

Neuspeed87lx
02-16-2003, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by 3g Jester
OK...it is the rx7 that has the rotary engine....not to be a dick but you must have your mazda's mixed up. noone would take or give a rotary engine to high school to rip out and destroy...those are some of the highest performing engines out there.........either that or it was an rx7....just who ever ownned it be fore donating it to your school KILLED the engine....

I suggest you look up on rotary engines if you unfamilar with them....they are sooo fuggin cool. And their design is incredible.

what are you talking about?! it was a like an 86 rx7.... it still ran when the person gave it to us .... the motor was taken out and put into a shed.... it might still be there or it might have been throw to a junkyard... i dont know cause i dont go to the school anymore... i went back and visited the school and saw the car ... its got about another month of work untill it will be drivable

johndej
02-16-2003, 08:01 PM
RX-7s are bad ass, but arn't they a little fragil? blow an apex seal and the thing is dead. i know they create bad ass power for thier displacement. i can see how if there was one that had already had a bad engine being donated to a school but never a good one, that would be a waist.

Neuspeed87lx
02-16-2003, 08:53 PM
its not like someone was using the car and just decided to give it to us ...it was like our teachers friends that was just sitting and no one was using it.... so he gave it to us.... the car was drivin from the guys house to the school so it ran and drove.... not sure how well but it did ..

cruznz
02-16-2003, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by 3g Jester
wtf are you laughing at? rotaries are like the most power economical engines ever built! Go research em and find out how they work. you'll cry at their power and sound.they may not be fuel efficiant.....but they create so much power......

we've had rotarys' here in NZ since i can remember........research!!!!....i've worked on them....i've read about them..as well as their use in motorcycles....i was brought up with chev,chrysler V8's,.......and i'll always be a V8 fan,.... gotta luv that torque......but thats IMO......oh,...and i'll laugh at whatever the fuk i want...........cause at my age..(40).....i dont really give a fuk....rotary's just dont interest me in the slightest anymore....more interested in my 3G

3G Jester
02-16-2003, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by cruznz
we've had rotarys' here in NZ since i can remember........research!!!!....i've worked on them....i've read about them..as well as their use in motorcycles....i was brought up with chev,chrysler V8's,.......and i'll always be a V8 fan,.... gotta luv that torque......but thats IMO......oh,...and i'll laugh at whatever the fuk i want...........cause at my age..(40).....i dont really give a fuk....rotary's just dont interest me in the slightest anymore....more interested in my 3G

least its a good interest :)

cruznz
02-16-2003, 11:48 PM
:smokin: ...yeh...you're right....dont get me wrong tho...i dont "dislike" rotarys.....although i hated that tinny sound they made way back then....i just loved those V8's...:cool:

iloveJDMblackrims69
02-17-2003, 02:18 PM
OMG 20k.......you see that car....it look shitty too!!! he coulda got a nice b18c5 swap and more!!!!!!!!