PDA

View Full Version : damn!!!

87accordlx
02-13-2003, 08:17 PM
today at school i went to get my books out of my trunk and i noticed that the black plastic piece around my rear licence plate was shattered really bad, there is a hole in it about 3 inches across and a small amount of metal under it is bent, i didn't see any pieces on the ground at school so i figgured it happened at work the night before, sure enough i checked out my parking spot at work and there are a bunch of tiny little pieces of black plastic all over the ground, now normally i wouldn't be so mad but this is the second time in the last 8 months that some idiot has hit my parked car at work and taken off without leaving a note, after it happened the first time i started parking at the back of the lot where it's fairly empty but i guess that is no good, i work at a grocery store and about 80% of our customers are over 65 and some days i would rather try to cross the street in toronto at rush hour than try to walk to my car, it's scarry, anyways my question is how do i remove the black plastic piece around the licence plate?

Blue Impact
02-13-2003, 08:36 PM
Damn, that sucks. I know how you feel, man. Sorry to hear of your misfortunes cuz it happened twice.

88 Accord DX
02-13-2003, 08:37 PM
if i ever hit your car ill leave a note that says "Sorry! My bad!"

as for the black thing, i dont know how to take it off.

wprocomp
02-13-2003, 08:51 PM
I think their are 6 bolts on the inside of the trunk.two are somewhat hidden.10mm

AccordEpicenter
02-13-2003, 09:44 PM
theyre smaller than that, like 9 mm or 6mm or somthing... also dont forget the screws on the outside behind the liscence plate. Damn if people started hitting my car id leave a camera running in it all the time tryin to catch these idiots, then get their plate numbers and bust em for hit and run and all that shit, but before that find out where they live and call em sayin you know they did it and they better be writing out a substantial check to you or youll blow em in... id be furious.

markmdz89hatch
02-14-2003, 12:59 PM
8mm.

...but you might want to use a deep socket b/c the posts are kinda long. Just make sure you take off the license plate also, then the 6 8mm. nuts off the inside of the trunk where it holds it in.