PDA

View Full Version : Why?!?!?!?!?!?!

3G Jester
02-13-2003, 09:35 PM
WHY!???

why do people chave their emblems? its the *cool* thing to do now?!

i personaly LOVE to let the world know i drive a honda....why do people live by honda/VW/toyota...or whatever....and live and love their cars...but shave the emblems and not show it? :confused:

what about ya'll?

:bow: H

MrBen
02-13-2003, 09:40 PM
I like them too, except, if I were to even think of doing it, I would shave them and put on the new Honda "Accord" emblem.

3G Jester
02-13-2003, 09:55 PM
my thoughts exactly.

87AccordsterLx
02-13-2003, 10:00 PM
Personally I think it gives the car a nice custom look. If someone can't tell what kind of car you drive by just looking at it... then I dont really care if they know what kind of car it is.... also if you do enough work to it then it just puts people in awe because even those that know cars can't tell what it is. Thats when you get people asking you questions. :)

Chrome_thangs
02-13-2003, 10:19 PM
I plan on shaving my emblems but i'm got a Jdm "Accord Coupe" emblem i ordered i'm going to put on in the bottom right corner of my shaved trunk (when i shave it!:D )

3G Jester
02-13-2003, 10:24 PM
ya but thats still *showing your colors* (accord)

wher ethe hell is pearldrop.....his opinion would be good right baout now...

Jims 86LXI HB
02-13-2003, 10:58 PM
In my mind as long as you've taken care of more important things on the car first, have at it. I just don't see the point, but I also could careless. :D

87Hybrid
02-14-2003, 03:39 AM
Ever heard of the tearm personal preferance? Why do some of us do the things that we do? I personally would never paint my interrior white, put on a large aluminum wing, or put enblems on the dash. But it is all personal preferance. I am shaving my emblems because I like the nice clean look of a flat trunk.

3G Jester
02-14-2003, 03:57 AM
:lol chizill son.!

Coroncho80
02-14-2003, 08:05 AM
I shaved my emblems because I wanted to! :D

No really, it makes the car look cleaner + what 87AccordsterLx said.

markmdz89hatch
02-14-2003, 08:14 AM
yeah, I'm also a big fan of a "what the hell is that?"

...it also really tests people (not that it's difficult to tell) to see if they know their cars or not. In the last 3 parking tickets I've gotten, none of the cops got the car right under "vehicle description". So far I've seen "90's Honda Civic", "later model mustang" and "Import". I mean really, how dumb can people be.

...but seriously, shaving emblems is just another part of what gives your car that unique character. It's effect is similar to painting moldings, or clearing lenses, or adding sidemarkers. I dunno, that's just IMO.

89accord_lxi_coupe
02-14-2003, 09:04 AM
i agree mark. its all preference and personalization. that is exactly why i've gotten into imports, you can experiment and let your imagination go. they are just pure fun.

pearldrop
02-14-2003, 10:30 AM
You do it for the exact same reason that you shave the rest of the things on a car. For the clean, smooth, simple look. Look at any of the most beautiful hot rods in the world. They are smooth and clean. They do insanely crazy bodywork but it is very hard to tell what they did. That is what it is about. The subtle things make the most difference.
Look at the prototype and concept cars. Of course they leave the emblems because they are promoting the brand, but even then they are minimal. Most prototypes also have very smooth body lines and usually don't have side marker lights and a lot of the safety equipment. Why? Because it is more pleasing to the eye without it.

I personally would never care if anybody knew that I drove a Honda or not. They are nice cars but nobody will ever bow down to you because you drive one. It isn't a Ferrari and never will be.

But that is my point of view. I try to take what I have and make it look better. I do my best to avoid trends because that is what they are. Bellbottoms were cool at one time.

Mike89Accordcom
02-14-2003, 12:21 PM
I did mine for the nice clean custom look. I'm going to do it with my TL as well. If you have common sense you'll know what kind of car we have even with the emblems shaved. Sure not everybody will know, but most will go that's still a honda. If you take the emblems off have it professionally repainted and the holes filled. I left the H on the back of my car.

BensAccordLxi
02-14-2003, 01:06 PM
I had the emblems taken off my car. The only thing I have now on it is a Powered by Honda badge on the drivers side fender.

Micah 89LXi
02-14-2003, 10:39 PM
haha later model mustang??..import..why not just put some boxy japper car.. :)

racingsoloII
02-15-2003, 09:04 AM
I cant count how many times I have heard , "nice prelude"even before I shaved my meblems
p

Coroncho80
02-16-2003, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by BensAccordLxi
The only thing I have now on it is a Powered by Honda badge on the drivers side fender.

:rice:!!!!!!!!!

original2k
02-16-2003, 02:48 PM
i would shave my emblems if it wasn't for the brown crap that changed the paint color, if i had the money for an expensive paint job i would tho

88Ex-i
02-16-2003, 04:26 PM
i shaved the front one and plan to get the back ones taken off, and like Mike, I'm gonna keep the 'H' on the trunk. I personally like the shaved look. Makes the car look so clean.

89accordboi
02-16-2003, 05:36 PM
u should shave the the front and rear bumper honda emblems and put ford :)

Chrome_thangs
02-16-2003, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by 89accordboi
:confused: :huh: :confused:

87AccordsterLx
02-16-2003, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Coroncho80
I shaved my emblems because I wanted to! :D

No really, it makes the car look cleaner + what 87AccordsterLx said.

:D

Originally posted by markmdz89hatch
yeah, I'm also a big fan of a "what the hell is that?"

...it also really tests people (not that it's difficult to tell) to see if they know their cars or not. In the last 3 parking tickets I've gotten, none of the cops got the car right under "vehicle description". So far I've seen "90's Honda Civic", "later model mustang" and "Import". I mean really, how dumb can people be.

HILARIOUS!!!!

87AccordsterLx
02-16-2003, 08:18 PM

:wtf: Your on crack stop smoking that shit it makes your brain bleed.

A20A1
02-16-2003, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by pearldrop
...But that is my point of view. I try to take what I have and make it look better. I do my best to avoid trends because that is what they are. Bellbottoms were cool at one time.

Yeah I hate trends...

on the other hand,
I did wear bellbottoms once when i was on my trip in Germany... gawd was that an experience... and I wore it after it had just snowed so the bell part was frozen... It looked wacky... but it felt nice not having a narrow taper on the bottom. I think they were my uncles jeans when he was younger... I don't know How I got em.

3G Jester
02-16-2003, 11:49 PM

Your not allowed to post again.

ever.

Neuspeed007
02-17-2003, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by 87AccordsterLx
Personally I think it gives the car a nice custom look. If someone can't tell what kind of car you drive by just looking at it... then I dont really care if they know what kind of car it is.... also if you do enough work to it then it just puts people in awe because even those that know cars can't tell what it is. Thats when you get people asking you questions. :)

I couldnt agree with him more :D

3G Jester
02-19-2003, 07:03 PM
87accordsterLx , Neuspeed007, pearldrop

you guys have shown me the lite...i actualy really agree with you all. ex cpet acccordboi. but we dont blame him for his extra chromasome (haha down syndrome)

i might actualy shave most of my emblems...capt maybe the honda H"s..or one of em...i dunno

Tim Yoak
02-21-2003, 08:56 PM
i would shave mine but everyone even now keeps saying nice integra. maby the wheels? hey i could put integra emblems on my accord that would really confuse them:lol http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid43/p586df7e5de0036c91cd7f072d355b74c/fce67ad0.jpg

JaVaSa84
02-21-2003, 09:15 PM
Jordan scored his age

n88accordLX-i
02-23-2003, 06:25 PM
I plan on shaving my badges, because i like when people dont know what kind of car you have, i meen if i didnt have any badges on this you probally wouldnt know it was a jetta, most would think it was some kind of Audi, or volvo :huh:

http://www.digitalpose.com/mbr/1/15739/p/229769_8574851574426096829_vl.jpg