PDA

View Full Version : wiring through the fire wall??

just_sold_my_vette
02-14-2003, 09:24 AM
Question...
for those who have installed fog lights on 86-89 Accord LX sedan,
where have you run the wiring through the firewall to the dash area??

And.. if you have not run wiring through, do you just have them hard wired to be on at all times with headlights??

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

markmdz89hatch
02-14-2003, 12:48 PM
many here just hardwire them to the cornerlights. This way you can run 'one click' on the headlight switch and still run the fogs without the headlights.

Otherwise, right behind the engine, near the clutch or speedo. cable, there should be a solid grommet. Just take out that grommet, punch a whole in it, and run the wire through that. I'm guessing then you'll want to run them off a toggle switch?

pmip
02-14-2003, 01:08 PM
When I had my foglights, I ran the wire down inside the fender, then to the inside of the cabin (with a little split loom tubing where it was exposed). I then used a toggle switch and tapped into the power wire for the defroster (that way you can have the foglights on whenever you've got the car on, not just when the parking lights are on, and they turn off when you turn the car off).

markmdz89hatch
02-14-2003, 01:12 PM
that's a good idea for that power.... ...I just hardwired my power from the battery. Me thinks me just may have to rewire! I got my sidemarkers and accent lighting run off toggles, so it would be a good idea to not rely on my memory to kill the lights.