PDA

View Full Version : Question about compatibility

Nothingbuta3Gthang
02-14-2003, 06:46 PM
I've been browsing this website for about a week now (found a link to the site on some dude's accord webpage) and this is my first post. First off I'd like to say the site is a godsend, theres so much info here about 3g hondas! Second, I've got a question to ask and a story to tell. Last summer, I had a 1988 accord dx coupe given to me (free car!) My current car (86 bmw 528e) has been having some problems lately, and is a REAL expensive car to work with. So I've decided to fix up my accord. The accord runs great, looks great (from one side) and has no rust. But this is the reason I got it for free: the previous owner was backing it around in his driveway, and had the drivers side door open, looking out of it backwards. And he wasnt looking too well I guess, cause he backed the door right into a tree, which folded the door completly forward and crumpled the front fender, and messed the door hinges up pretty bad. It was his spare car at the time, and didnt want to bother fixing it. The door wont close, and the fender looks like crap. So I'm wondering if there are any other doors and fenders from other accords that will fit this car? Any info will be greatly appreciated! So until I find a door and a fender, I've been keeping myself busy fixing up other parts of the car. I'm working on a set of clears (seems alot of people on this site like clears) shaving emblems, antenna. I also picked up a set of TSW 17" 5-10 spoke rims off a kid who totalled his CRX. I have a digital camera and I'll get some pictures of it up within the next few days. I'll show ya'll what the ex owner did to the door/fender too :flipa: I hope to have it road worthy by springtime! I also have plenty of time to work on it...I'm on a 60 day license suspension :crying:

DarknessRS
02-14-2003, 09:11 PM
The front fenders from any 86-89 Accord are interchangeable. As for the door, I believe that only the doors from the coupes will fit (not sure about the hatch).

AccordEpicenter
02-14-2003, 09:48 PM
my uncle had a 528e and it was a nice car, not all that fast but it was decent. Parts cost a fortune, as does labor on BMW

Tim Yoak
02-21-2003, 09:56 PM
hatch doors are a lot longer also dx hatch doors are different from all the rest. found that out the hard way