PDA

View Full Version : I rear ended someone

MrBen
02-14-2003, 07:04 PM
My friend was making a left turn in an intersection and some guy cut him off, so he slammed on his brakes and I slammed on mine. I nudged the back of his truck (no damage to him, god damn it :mad: ) but I crunched my headlight in and my left corner light. Didn't hit anything else. I spent about 2 hours trying to fix it and got it so the light would retract and open (THANK GOD). I think the housing is pretty bent. Should I try to bend it back or just go to a junkyard? Should i worry about the motor for the light dying on me or anything... and the 88 corner light is compatible with the 86 correct? Is there anything I should check while doing my repair on this?

:rant:

meohmy01
02-14-2003, 07:29 PM
the corner light is different in appearance. the 86 has a big ugly orange reflective part. but it will work. and i think you can order the headlight housing off ebay for like 15 bucks

Blue Impact
02-14-2003, 08:04 PM
I'd say take a trip to the junkyard...

MrBen
02-14-2003, 08:10 PM
Any clue how much the housing would cost?

AccordEpicenter
02-14-2003, 10:04 PM
i went to the one u-pull it near me and a beautiful headlight bucket complete with headlight and stuff cost me $5.99... id imagine yours might be a little more but you should be able to find one under $20

MrBen
02-15-2003, 11:03 AM
Well I spent several hours fixing it last night and this morning. The left side of it is bent really bad and I tried bending it back... but that isn't going to do it. I can't open and close them with the hood closed because it will scrape the hood. SO they're just permenantly up for now. I guess Tuesday I'll go get a new corner light and a new housing. Is the housing a bitch to install?

SiR
02-15-2003, 11:38 AM
The housing is easy, all you have to do is take the two top bolts off, and bolts on the left and right side, you might have to take the bumper off to get to the outer bolt. I already had the bumper off so it was easy. Also to disconnect the arm to the motor and and slide it out.

3rd GEN
02-15-2003, 12:13 PM
yup.. the 88/89 corner markers are the same size and all as the 86/87
i did a full 88/89 front swap on my 87... incl the markers.. and it looks WAYbetter!!

MrBen
02-15-2003, 04:42 PM
OK cool. So when I go to the junkyard I just need to say I need the drivers side headlight housing?

SiR
02-16-2003, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by GhettoAccord
OK cool. So when I go to the junkyard I just need to say I need the drivers side headlight housing?

There is no U-Pull-It places around?

I've also put on the newer bumper after i repaired my crash from an accident, they look much better.

MrBen
02-16-2003, 11:40 AM
THe only place is one about 10 miles from me, they have to look it up on their computer.