PDA

View Full Version : crossover

RyanLXi
05-25-2002, 08:30 PM
if anyone has ever hooked up a componet set on an 89 lxi HOW THE HELL did you run wires through the door?? i looked at what i would have to do and it seems like so far i dont even want to bother. i couldnt even find where the wires from the door going into the car go because the damn fusebox is in the way. if anyone can help, then please do

NickLxi
05-27-2002, 07:21 PM
THe way i did it was to drill a hole in the door and the door jam then take ruber gromets and put them in the holes runthe wire using a smal section of fule line to hide the wires and protet themwhen the door shuts. this way was easy to do and looks clean.:)

89accordlxi
05-27-2002, 07:54 PM
how big is the crossover. If small, just use the factory speaker wire that is in the door and hook it to your crossover. Then run the wires for the tweeter and mid from there. You will need to use some creativity to mount the crossover inside the door. That is how I did it. This will only work if you have a small or medium size crossover, unless you can some how find a way to mount a bigger on inside the door.
Later, peace.