PDA

View Full Version : 3geez with the most headroom?

shakoushin
08-16-2017, 05:10 AM
Hello 3geez; I've recently been bitten by the 80s Honda bug.

I have basically decided I want to go with some model with flipup headlights, but I'm a tall driver and don't know how th se cars stack up to each other in regards to size. 2 of my dream cars would be the OG Toyota MR2 (way too small for me) or an NSX (too $$$ and prob too small).

Among the Accords, Accord Hatchback, and Preludes with flip-up headlights are any significantly less spacious for the driver? I'm assuming at least the standard 4-door Accords suit tall drivers, but I would definitely rather have Prelude coupe or Accord hatchback as far as looks.

I think all models in that era had a manual transmission option, but I definitely want a manual.

Anything else I should consider?

love a lot of the cars I've seen posted in here!

Dr_Snooz
08-16-2017, 05:35 PM
Sunroofs greatly diminish headroom, so avoid those. I'm not sure how tall you are, but I'm 6'1" and have never had trouble with head or leg room. Good luck in your search.

gp02a0083
08-25-2017, 04:59 AM
Hello 3geez; I've recently been bitten by the 80s Honda bug.

I have basically decided I want to go with some model with flipup headlights, but I'm a tall driver and don't know how th se cars stack up to each other in regards to size. 2 of my dream cars would be the OG Toyota MR2 (way too small for me) or an NSX (too $$$ and prob too small).

Among the Accords, Accord Hatchback, and Preludes with flip-up headlights are any significantly less spacious for the driver? I'm assuming at least the standard 4-door Accords suit tall drivers, but I would definitely rather have Prelude coupe or Accord hatchback as far as looks.

I think all models in that era had a manual transmission option, but I definitely want a manual.

Anything else I should consider?

love a lot of the cars I've seen posted in here!

I'm 5'11" and have no issues with room. however my one friend is taller than 6'4", not enough legroom. not sure how the sedan stacks up against the coupe/ hatchback models, but i will say the hatchbacks have A lot of room

Ogami
09-02-2017, 06:16 PM
I'm 5' 9" and the Lx sedan is the way to go. (5-speed stock Weber swap). Plenty of room for me, wife, and kids. Fast too. I could probably put the seat back 5 or 6 more inches, but pedals. Sedan has tons of room and 4 door style.

Hauntd ca3
09-03-2017, 12:03 PM
I'm 6'5" and never really found head room or leg room a problem .
I have the factory electric sunroof and only ever touched the roof on big bumps .
Leg room is a bit tighter than new cars but i like to be close to the wheel ( ie arms bent a bit with hands at 10 and 2 )