PDA

View Full Version : help!! wheel shaking when i come to a stop

ryan86accordlxi
05-25-2002, 09:42 PM
when i come to a stop it seems like the whole inside of my car shakes, especially the steering wheel. even my damn cat converter rattles underneath my car. anyone have any idea what might be causing this???? please help.....

1989 DX R
05-25-2002, 11:04 PM
Possibly a broken motor mount, that would cause that to happen.

OldSchoolSwap
05-26-2002, 08:35 AM
Or your idle.
Or you need a tune up.

MoonScryer
05-26-2002, 05:17 PM
Idle is ultra low

Or if it's happening AS you come to a stop, with your foot on the brakes slowing down, could be a bad wheel bearing.

ACCORD EX
05-26-2002, 11:40 PM
check the pads and the thikness of the rotor !

BTW if they are thewheel bearings they have a low pitch sound wooooooooohoooooooooo @ high speeds !

MIKE

89NinjaAccordLX
05-27-2002, 06:59 AM
My wheels squeak at low speeds as if there's a bad spot on the wheel or something (squeak, squeak, squeak; not sqquuuuueeeeaaaaaaaak) Also at like, 60mph my car has that droning pitch like someone had previously mentioned. What can I do to find out what is the cause of these problems?

ACCORD EX
05-27-2002, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by 89NinjaAccordLX
Also at like, 60mph my car has that droning pitch like someone had previously mentioned. What can I do to find out what is the cause of these problems?

do you mean the sound i told you like teh sound of a performance muffler ! :D ??

MIKE

89NinjaAccordLX
05-29-2002, 08:29 AM
yeah, thats the sound

hondaman87
05-29-2002, 03:02 PM
your rotors are worped and they need to be resurfaced. take your car to a mech. or a brake spec. and they will resurface them for you, and change your brake pads, and shoes

toastyghost
05-29-2002, 10:40 PM
I have had the same shit happening, check the wheels. I think what's causing mine is a partially sheared axle boot (the wobble part) and the squeak-squeak thing is worn out pads. Is your e-brake light on all the time? This means low brake fluid which can happen if your bad is worn since it takes more fluid displacement to move the pad far enough to make contact with the rotor. I'm getting my front passenger axle replaced and a brake job tomorrow, I'll let you know if that fixes the problem.

ACCORD EX
05-30-2002, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by 89NinjaAccordLX
yeah, thats the sound

if it does that sound and it 's speed related ( not rpm related ) so it's probaply your bearings ! may just one on the wheels ! i happened to me and it was my passenger side front wheel ! :(

MIKE

Jdub07
05-30-2002, 08:23 AM
What does it do when you accelerate fast? Sounds like rotors to me. My car would shake like nuts brakeing and acceling...rotors were so warped they couldn't resurface them any more and I had to just buy new ones....rotors and axles go on our cars alllllllll the time....they do in mine anyway. Good luck