PDA

View Full Version : Somone please help me out :(

SMITHACCORD*&
02-15-2003, 01:52 PM
Ok i bought a car in jan and it didn't have a tape player or anything in it. But it also does not have the connector for the original stereo wiring harness. So i was wondering if there is anyone out there that would be willing to help me out with a tape player or something and that connector. I have no money i am trying to pay off this car and i don't have a job. So i am just askin for help. Someone please help me out

AccordEpicenter
02-16-2003, 12:36 AM
what exactly does it have, a bunch of wires with no connector?

SMITHACCORD*&
02-16-2003, 08:10 AM
It has all the wires. The previous owner cut the connector off to use it on his new 3gee.

Bobs89LXi
02-16-2003, 09:40 AM
There are two things you need:

1. A Haynes or Chilton's manual. In them you will find the electrical system schematics, along with color codes. I am going to eventually post a copy in the FAQ section when i have the time to do so.

2. Get a wiring harness from the junkyard or pick-a-part place. I am sure that they'll let you have one for under $10 or so.

Then it is a matter of splicing the connector to your existing wiring.

MrBen
02-16-2003, 11:46 AM
If you're that desperate... pocket the harness. It's small. I wouldn't do it but I guess desperate times call for pocketing.

SMITHACCORD*&
02-16-2003, 03:09 PM
i know what all the wires are for. I was just wondering if someone on this board has an old honda headunit that they would be willing to get rid of and me to aquire possesion because i need radio i drive all the time everywhere and i cannot drive without a radio

AccordEpicenter
02-18-2003, 11:02 AM
i think you should look on ebay

89accordboi
02-18-2003, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by SMITHACCORD*&
I have no money i am trying to pay off this car and i don't have a job. So i am just askin for help. Someone please help me out

epicenter can u not read? seriously, are you blonde? he doesnt HAVE MONEY... and the last time i checked they dont sell stuff on ebay for free... hence the "selling"

StUpiD8000
02-18-2003, 04:36 PM
LOL.....go to a junkyard and get one......humm and dont forget to pay for it too.

AccordEpicenter
02-20-2003, 08:41 AM
Yeah but you can find those decks on ebay for a few bux... its seriously nothing.