PDA

View Full Version : Dashlights speedo/odo and such,T5 or T10 ? Or something else maybe ?

AWH
08-27-2017, 07:42 AM
Can someone tell me which lights are being used in the dash ? Like speedo/odo/fuel/coolingtemp. ? Are they T5 or T10? Or totally something else ? I'm talking about 2gen. Prelude,but assume 3gen.
Accord is the same. And can leds be used for all of those ?
Is the dash coming out easy to change the bulbs,like a few screws,or is it a hassle?

Auke.

Dr_Snooz
09-02-2017, 08:22 PM
If you're considering converting to LEDs, I don't recommend it. The LEDs have a very different light than the standard, so you can't do half the dash without it looking really strange. The LEDs don't always fit well in the sockets, no matter what the manufacturer says, which means you'll have to hack up your sockets, or the bulbs, or both. The LEDs also distribute light in very different ways from incandescent. Expect to have some parts of the dash be very bright, and other areas with almost no light at all. Finally, while most of the LEDs you need are reasonably cheap, some can be quite expensive, leading you do to half a conversion which leads to the problem I note above. I scavenged a hoard of old bulbs from the junkyard because Honda will positively rape you for them (like $12 per tiny bulb).

Hope that helps.

Hazwan
09-04-2017, 01:40 PM
It uses both but majority of it being T10. Can't remember exactly how much though. Check the bulbs on top to light up the needles. They could be out too.

You have to take the bottom dash trim and the cluster surround off to get to the gauge cluster.

firefighterwhite89
09-08-2017, 02:06 AM
All the warning and info lights are T5 LEDS. All the gauges are T10 LEDs. IIRC there are 7 T10 bulbs in the gauges. Can't recall the count on T5 bulbs. The LEDs will fully light the cluster provided you get the right ones. Some will make lighting hotspots, others are much more uniform.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

AWH
09-08-2017, 03:45 AM
Thanks for all the answers,now hopefully ordering the right kind of leds...

Auke.