PDA

View Full Version : Is this possible?

Inabj2
05-25-2002, 10:25 PM
Heres the scenario. I have an 16 yr old Accord LXi. The car right now is completely stock. And it is banged up, Outside the car had 2 dents on the right side of the doors. There seems to be a problem with the breaks, they work but not up to what they used to be. And inside the moonroof inside is broken. And so is teh compartment door. Also a jack ass ripped one of the sidedoors strips off. The wheel jerks a bit I gotta find out whats up with that. But ok enough of the sad story of my car. I love my car its just that im only graduating outta high school now and just got it passed down to my parents now they dont want it were going to get rid of it but i have a vision for the car i want to make the accord into a super accord. I give myself 3 yrs to revive and rejuvinate this car but this is what I dream for it.

I want to sup the hell outta of it. I was wondering if with the basic engine block would it be possible to turbocharge it and have it reach levels off 350 hp or above? If so what is needed? What body modifications would you suggest for the car? My perfect accord would be one capable of launching to 60 mph in under 5 seconds. prefferably in mid 4 seconds. reaching a top speed of about 170 mph. doing the quarter in below 13 seconds.

I Know it sounds crazy. But i was just wondering what you guys think would be possible. I know my expectations seem a bit to high but they say to aim high that way if we miss well still be among the stars.

Besides if it did work Imagine the joy of watching a 3gee beating a C5 stock corvette! haha well im done dreaming. :D

any post thats not a flame will be immensely appreciated. and oh whats the fastest 3gee that you guys know off?

88WhiteLX-i
05-25-2002, 10:46 PM
You said that you just got outta high school? Iam saying because anything is possible, it all depends how much money you have to spend. You can get all that body work done, not a prob. A very nice paint job will prob cost you about $5000. Then you say you want some go..... That all depends, the stuff you want 0-60 in like 4-5 seconds, well that's not gonna happen with the stock engine. you're gonna have to swap that sucka out. Maybe an H22a?? just a thought. But, mid 4's might want to add a Cold air intake, high flow exhaust system, re-map your ECU, consider NOs, high flow injectors, high flow fuel pump, serious weight reduction.... You might be able to get away with all that but, it depends on how much $$$$ ya got to spend!!!!!:D

pimp86LX
05-25-2002, 10:56 PM
yah g3eez are great....personally i like the 4 banger 'supe'd up' car and all but....4seconds? y not just get a v8?

if your wanting 350hp.....why not get a dodge 440 or somethin, or maybe a boss 302? its a good bang for your buck sorta thing...unless you have $$ and the time to mod-up your 3gee

just my .02

ACCORD EX
05-25-2002, 11:09 PM
mid 4 and a quarter in 13 ! :eek:

man get anthor car ! :lol

MIKE

ACCORD EX
05-25-2002, 11:12 PM
BTW ! who has the highest HP out here on the board !
is it 88turobo or old schoolswap or someone else ! ! and how much does he have approx @? ?

MIKE

Inabj2
05-25-2002, 11:22 PM
Well thats the point. To use a turbo charged banger to get that kinda power. Whats the fun in having a 350 V-8? Sure a great engine. So lets say with original block i were to put a T04 turbo charger, change the cams, fuel injectors basically do all the stuff necessary to support such a turbo charger. I think the 4 banger could pull 350 hp with a T04 and the extra stuff so as the engine doesnt blow. I mean if im racing a vette and I beat him in a V-8 the guy will be like well i got handed by muscle. If he sees a harmless 3gee hell think this is easy kill. Imagine a 350 hp 3gee if I come my way to a stock mustang Gt. I could bet the guy for a race for a few bucks. the guy will look at my ride and say "That pos? youre on haha easy kill" Then when the boost comes in hell be in a surprise for his life. THis is my daily driver dream car. My Weekend Dream Car or WDC for short is a Supra TT with 1200 hp. If you think thats impossible go here HTTP://WWW.SUPRASTORE.COM

I wanna avoid engine swap and Nos as much as possible. If thats not possible for 350 hp i guess id do engine swap but still try keep engines to 4 bangers. Thanks for the input.

Inabj2
05-25-2002, 11:24 PM
And oh! I know i saw a 300 hp Turbo accord around here. it was a White hatchback. Any Idea whose it is? Mine is a sedan.

ACCORD EX
05-25-2002, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Inabj2
And oh! I know i saw a 300 hp Turbo accord around here. it was a White hatchback. Any Idea whose it is? Mine is a sedan.

it belongs to 88turbo ! ( Justin ! )
but oldschool swap has a B16 engine in his car , don't how many HP's he got ?

MIKE

Hoshizakido
05-26-2002, 12:23 AM
best way to get up there is a swap ive been told youll run 15s maybe 16s with a b16a swap thats without any major upgrades to the engine

ACCORD EX
05-26-2002, 05:07 AM
i think a b16 A EFi will give you 160 HP stock ! :D

anyway check for teh swaps available for our 3 gee in the FAQ section ! :)

MIKE

1988starter
05-26-2002, 10:50 AM
Justin is about in the four second range talk to him 88 turboaccord
and I think he has about 300 HP

1989 DX R
05-26-2002, 12:08 PM
Actually, he is around 200-250

Inabj2
05-26-2002, 01:01 PM
So the engine swap is a must? What would happen if i turbo charged the A20 engine directly? With a T04 turbo? While changin the fuel injection system and other essentials to prevent the engine dying? Would that work? I was kinda hopping that id be able to retain the original engine with just major upgrades done to it. Money wise Ive given myself 3 yrs for the project. IM not rich but lets just say i have a very strong work ethic.

Inabj2
05-26-2002, 01:26 PM
In other words I wanna go through the Forced Induction Route before I do an engine swap. Right now im looking at to4 turbo.

Inabj2
05-26-2002, 06:58 PM
Does anyone know of a program called Dyno2000? Anyone used it?

HondaSi88
05-26-2002, 07:39 PM
I see you are in Washington DC I actually work in DC......and if u want some parts for your accord let me know!
I still have some things left!

POS carb
05-26-2002, 07:44 PM
man if you want an accord like that you're gonna need at least 20 grand and a twin-turbo 3-rotor with a RWD conversion!! No way in hell can you get 350 hp through the stock motor/drivetrain, let alone the power, suspension, and tires required to get enough grip and pickup to do 0-60 in under 5 seconds in this car puts you in the "damn near impossible" category. So, big motor and RWD, otherwise you're going to spend a lot of $.

Inabj2
05-26-2002, 09:56 PM
I wouldnt be so sure about that. I believe i could do all in about 10 k about half of what you say. You guys dont know this but The car is now completely paid off so it doesnt cost me except gas and oil. Ok insurance but no biggie. So with the money people my age spend to buy a new car of the dealer Im using that same exact money to buy parts!

I really dont think engine swaps are necessary. I say boost the hell outta the A20a!!! Rear wheel drive teh accord weights a scant 2500 lbs. A turbo costs me about 3 to 5 k. body kits cost me about 1.5 k. Tires about 5oo to 600, rims 500 to 600 thats. 1.2 k. Brakes. suspension. lets over exagerate. Lets say the turbo and all necessary stuff costed me 6 k even, lets do the math.

engine bolt on parts and customization 6 k
brakes 1.5 k (for really good brakes i dont think theyre that expensive).
Lowering spring about 300 bucks
tires and wheels 1.5 k
body kit 1 k
suspension, stabilizing bar, etc. about 2 k

thats 12 k. Nowhere near 20 k. Now im overcalculating. Becuase i belive the to4 just the turbo is like 3 k. but 6 k counts other parts such as exhaust cam, fuel injection system. And also im doing this over a period of 3 yrs. Thats only spending 300 bucks a month. Thats what most people pay for their entry level cars! So see im not spending a load of money, I already have the car Im just using the money id normally get a new car to sup it up.

Oh when im done with this one im getting the supra but thats till next chapter of my life about 5 yrs down the road.

So back to my question, Anyone everheard off a software called Dyno 2000?

And oh the insurance rates in DC for a kid driving a V-8 muscle car is so damn high that itd actually come out to be more expensive in the long run. If i sup up the accord theyll think im just drving a little 4 banger. Granted aftermarket parts wont get covered but hey no one can win it all.

ACCORD EX
05-26-2002, 11:43 PM
Does anyone know of a program called Dyno2000? Anyone used it?

yes i used it ! doesn't have our engine but hav eth CIVIC engine kinda cool program ! :D

MIKE

DarknessRS
05-26-2002, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by POS carb
man if you want an accord like that you're gonna need at least 20 grand and a twin-turbo 3-rotor with a RWD conversion!! No way in hell can you get 350 hp through the stock motor/drivetrain, let alone the power, suspension, and tires required to get enough grip and pickup to do 0-60 in under 5 seconds in this car puts you in the "damn near impossible" category. So, big motor and RWD, otherwise you're going to spend a lot of $.
It's already been done, Justin's turbo hatch doesn't have 350 hp, but it can beat an S2K off the line and its using the A20 with the stock transaxle

HondaSi88
05-27-2002, 07:20 AM
if he has time and MONEY then anything can be done!

Inabj2
05-27-2002, 09:09 AM
Well i have the TIME right now, But with TIME you can get the MONEY!

Ah that sucks ass!! dyno 2000 doesnt have my engine!?!?! Could i Download my engine specs? Is the software constantly updated?

ACCORD EX
05-27-2002, 12:23 PM
Well i have the TIME right now, But with TIME you can get the MONEY!

TIME is a thing most of us have ! :D

MIKE

CARBurn
05-27-2002, 09:49 PM
I agree, stick with the A20 and if you can turbo charge it. the b16 is nice but I just don't see the what real power gains you will have compared with our engine, unless of course you modded it, which you can do to our engines and probably get better results. Just don't swap, stay A20

pimping89lxi
05-28-2002, 12:15 AM
:bandit:

So you wanna Sup the Hell out of your Accord, Damn dont we all!! =)

Well your Figures that you placed on the Fix up are missing some Peices!!

Dont forget since you wanna run 350 HP+ that you want to run some serious Boost, So you have to get some Low Compression Pistons! Ive found not too easy to find and a lil shiny.

Along with that, you will have to strengthen up the engine to be able to handle the power being produced, cuz i dont think that your manifold will be able to take it!

If you want to Run that kind of power, you are going to have to get a better Tranmission that can take all that torque!
With the tranny comes new axles!

Also you will to get you Custom Turbo Headers. Theres another Pretty Penny.

The biggest problem you are going to face is your engine! If you plan on keeping it the same (not converting to EFI) you are going to have to do some customizing. First will be intake. No biggie. Then you will have to tweek your carb (if possible) to make your A\F mixture richer to get all the power out of the turbo, yet Not too rich! This by the way will completely kill you Gas tank!!

And there are still other things to add up!!

I would estimate it at around 12 to 13 Grand!
In my opinion, It is possible only if you really know what you are doing and how you do it! If you dont, save yourself going broke and a trip to the hospital when you try to run 20 pounds of Boost and you Blow your engine into many little peices.

Inabj2
05-28-2002, 02:17 AM
Well i got a few advantages my bro is a certified mechanic so he can help me out. 20 psi of boost? I dont think ill need that much boost. A supra with 30 psi of boost twin turbo achieves near 1200 hp. I estimate me needing like 11 psi of boost. to achieve that power. In overboost.com an article took an Acura Integra the base model, That engine has 130 hp only 8 hp more then the 122 hp power 86 Accord Lxi. They turbo charged it with a T3/T4 turbo Hybrid an smaller turbo then the T04B. They ran it with the already set up boost configurations which was at 6 psi. The car had a little over 250 hp. Not bad at all. An MK3 supra When they took the stock turbo removed the cat (I know this makes it illegal) and boost controller and putted to 11 psi boost the car hauled ass at 375 hp vs teh 230ish hp that it used stock, not bad eh?

ACCORD EX
05-28-2002, 05:47 AM
a mk3 has a 2.8 L engine V6 ! ?? :D

MIKE

Inabj2
05-28-2002, 09:32 AM
Yea youre right it does have An I-6... Only the N/A mk3 had I-4 Still 11 psi should get me around 320+ psi. Ok fine crank it to 12 or 13 psi.

YOu know I hate those TT mk4 supra owners they get an 320 hp engine. And with only 1400 bucks they can crank it up to 460 hp!!!!!

with 33,000 bucks on engine you get an 1200 hp supra. One day.... One day...

You know with 26oo lbs and 350 hp id get 7.43 lbs at hp wow. A Zo6 has 7.6 Hp/ Ratio

A 2003 viper a ratio of 6.78

With Good traction and good transmision That should get me In the 4.4 - 4.7 0-60 area

Enough to smack the regular C-5 (barely and maybe not)

Only the z06, Viper, Porsche 911 turbo, Ferrari 550-575-360 would beat me and rightfully so. Man I better start with handling first.

I guess ill look for wheels. Im Thinking this Size 235 all around 16 inch 40 Dunlop 9000s Since the car is FWD it wouldnt make sense to have larger rear tires. Any suggestions to tires and rims? My dad whos experienced in car modding suggest 16 inch rims. Im inclined to go 17s but he claims thats to large. My bro whose a mechanic also goes with 16.

Inabj2
05-28-2002, 09:29 PM
Custom Manifold $400-$600
T-4 turbo
Custom Piping $250
Intercooler--
Injectors 290cc peak and hold Used--
Fuel pump
Vortech FMU 12:1 rise/rate Used
Blow off valve
Manual boost controller Used
exhaust 3" downpipe includes 3" flex and cat
Adj. fuel regulator
Boost Gauge
Oil Pressure Gauge
Turbo timer
Filter
Silicon connectors
Getting the oil return line welded for the oil pan
The oil return line
Wastegate
Ignition

Thats the list of the Faq for turbo how to If i were to change the turbo form a T3 to a T4 would the list off needed accesiories to go with be the same? What else would i Need for a T 4?

ACCORD EX
05-28-2002, 11:28 PM
hey Inabj2 sorry about the V6 thing ! didn't know it was an I6 ;)

any way if you like these stuff check out this site 1

www.twinturboV8.com

MIKE

88turboaccord
05-29-2002, 01:08 AM
If you want any kind of power, you will have to get bigger than 290cc injectors---ours stock are 240cc.. I was running 370cc before, and I am jumping up to 500cc, which I still think are too small... I am eventually going to swap in a set of 720cc injectors..
If you want serious power, get away from the piggy back crap, dump the FMU (I did), then you will need to upgrade your fuel system.. Right now I am going with an Aeromotive fuel pump, SX fuel filter, 1/2" alum. fuel lines, SX fuel regulator, Vortech fuel rail, R/C 500cc injectors, and a Haltech E6K to control everything. Everything costs money when you want to have fun.....

Inabj2
05-29-2002, 07:13 PM
Turbo I prolly need to learn from you since you actually have my dream realised and done.

Do you know how much power your car has? And how did you do it? What turbo what parts are in your car if you dont mind telling me? And what does each part do? And how much did it cost you? Now which cars you can take? Tie with? Im sorry i just have a lot of questions to ask.

TeKKnoTeKK
05-29-2002, 07:18 PM
do you know how many people have probably asked him that? Hey Turbo, you should put a FAQ on your site for shit like this if you don't already have one lol.

Inabj2
05-29-2002, 07:27 PM
Obviously not, Or else i woudlnt have asked him....

Akuma
05-29-2002, 07:57 PM
just a question.. does your nick stand for
I Need A Blow Job Too ????
just wonderin :)

Inabj2
05-29-2002, 09:33 PM
*unzips pants* are you offerin? :pimp: lol

Akuma
05-29-2002, 09:45 PM
ummm no... im not into that.... however, Nate probably would... :)

Inabj2
05-29-2002, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by ACCORD EX

yes i used it ! doesn't have our engine but hav eth CIVIC engine kinda cool program ! :D

MIKE

Do you know if i could download the A20 engine file for it? It looks like a program that would really help me out.

ACCORD EX
05-30-2002, 02:00 AM

Do you know if i could download the A20 engine file for it? It looks like a program that would really help me out.

i really don't knwo ! you better post in the off topic section because this program was posted by a member before on AF and i am sure he know better ! :D

MIKE