PDA

View Full Version : i'm not a honda owner anymore

Y3G
02-15-2003, 05:06 PM
i'm joining the ranks of pearldrop,bob and a few others on this board.The yellow3g was just becoming a huge money pit so right now it sits with no insurance or plates.I've recently sold my rims and tires,another set of toyota rims i had,i'm selling the yellow one for parts and i just got my tax check(rapid refund!!!)so i'm going out on monday to most likely purchace a new car i was looking at for a while
http://photoserver1.trader.ca/autotrader/photos/large/2003/02-14/sxt/02-14-03sxt32-16.jpeg
YAYA i know it's a ford probe i've driven it a couple of times and i like it!I just want a car that will get me from point a-b with out over heating!

89AccordNate
02-15-2003, 05:10 PM
I wouldnt buy that car. My friend has one and he needs tie rod ends and some other stuff, and his bill is over $700, the car has like 65k miles on it!

Fords are junk, i wouldnt touch it. Their ugly too.

Nate.

2old_honda
02-15-2003, 06:11 PM
yeah dude, dont get a probe! they are huge money pits (even more than the 3g :lol)

johndej
02-15-2003, 06:46 PM
whats wrong w/ another accord? i'm shure you can find one for the same $ as your going to pay for that probe.

87accordlxi
02-15-2003, 07:04 PM
if its a four cylinder/auto probe, dont get it. the CD4E automatic is prone to seal failure, among other problems. if when you drive it and the O/D light flashes, then stay the hell away. of course, the dealer will probably reset the ecu before you drive it, so the light wont flash for a few days while it figures out whats wrong. if you find a manual, then go for it. even the 4 cyl probes are quick, and other than the auto tranny, its not too bad of a car

guaynabo89
02-15-2003, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by 89AccordNate
Their ugly too.

Nate.

Agreed

ryan88lxi
02-15-2003, 11:31 PM
I drive a Ford Probe myself and it isn't a huge money pit. The only thing I've had to do to mine (89 gt turbo) is change the oil. You'll either get a dud or a nice one. But if I were you I would get another Accord.... oh and my car has never overheated so I doubt that that Probe would. Don't listen to them the chances that they have driven one are slim to none. ~Heather

MIK3
02-15-2003, 11:44 PM
Nate, if your calling a Saleen S281 ugly...you have issues...sorry to say. That is a pretty car and could take a crappy vette in a second...it would eat alot of cars up, straight out. As for the probe, hey man, if it suites your needs, go for it. 87accordlxi provided useful info, refer to his statments as I agree with him.

Toby
02-16-2003, 06:03 AM
fords are crap dont get one!!

get another honda or at least somthing JAP.

Coitis1
02-16-2003, 07:17 AM
fords are kinda shitty. but i don't blame u for getting a new car, i would too if i could. i really like my accord, but everytime i get a few hundred dollars saved up something goes wrong with the car. matter of a fact, i'm takin it to the shop tomorrow. good luck with the probe.

MoonScryer
02-16-2003, 08:14 AM
It will die on you. If your 3rd gen is overheating, why don't you figure out why. Start with the temperature sensors, and work your way back. At worse, you need to replace the radiator.

Ford Probe's are good or blow very badly, mostly badly.

Bobs89LXi
02-16-2003, 09:34 AM
I would tend to agree with most of the replies here. I would not get the Probe. Although there are some rare exceptions where you may stumble upon one that is trouble-free, for the most part, they are troublesome.

Oh, by the way, even though I no longer have my 3G, I stayed with Honda. :D

dXsquared
02-16-2003, 09:36 AM
dont do it Bryan! find a Talon for the same price, or at least another Honda!

Travis

Y3G
02-16-2003, 11:19 AM
http://216.55.128.40/sonnic2/ExtImages/93_97_Probe_SenseiFront.jpg

89AccordNate
02-16-2003, 03:41 PM
Who cares what it looks like, its still a probe and it still runs like SHIT.

Thats all show, and no go.

Nate.

88LXiHB
02-16-2003, 03:55 PM
Probes blow. And I saw the one you posted at SEMA, and it sucked too.

But what ever you buy, please don't draw a drag version of it. You are not good.

Blue Impact
02-16-2003, 11:31 PM
I know how you feel, Y3G. I'm just a step behind you, man. I'm not sure if I still wanna keep my car or move onto something else.

3G Jester
02-16-2003, 11:36 PM
Bryan dont do it!!!! fords suck!!!! and even if you think that pic u posted is hot YOUR PROBE WONT BE THAT NICE!!!! AND EVEN IF U WANT IT TOO.....ITS GONNA BE MORE OF A MONEY PIT THEN THE 3G!!!!!

A20A1
02-16-2003, 11:49 PM
You can't buy the car cause you liked what someone else did to the same type of car. You know that costed them a small fortune to make it that way.
And you will be starting with a clean slate but even worse is you did not own the car so you don't know what has been done to it and what kind of problems it may have... forget what the dealer tells you when you go to buy a car... they are only trying to sell it.

All I can say is go for a long test drive... if it's a 5 speed use all the gears even reverse... open the hood and just check it out how you would any car. looks for leaks... worn hoses crap that could come off and fail. check the fluids.
Brake hard and corner sharp... drive like you mean it so you'll know what you are putting your money into.

Sean
02-17-2003, 06:00 AM
hmm goto www.blueovalnews.com ford sells junk cars and doesnt CARE!

Tref_LXI
02-17-2003, 07:22 AM
Look if he has no respect for a Honda, then let him buy a probe. Maybe he will come and buy another in a few years from now IF the car does not work. Just because its an american company does not mean it cant be driven for another 40k or so. True the engines dont last very long, and are not as good as jap engines. My car wont even start right now, but i still love Hondas, and i probably always will. Its his CHOICE, if he wants it.

AccordEpicenter
02-17-2003, 02:26 PM
alot of cars will last a decent time if taken care of properly, but I personally dont like ford probes because I think theyre ugly and their quality blows. They are pretty quick tho, esp the v6 ones.

Y3G
02-17-2003, 03:20 PM
Man i'm getting alot of ragging from every one. I have checked in to the car it is a one owner Car. the guy who brought it to the dealer is 84 year old and lost his licence.The car is mechanicly perfect and has a clean record.Ya i know it is not fast.I'm not looking for a street rocket.I'm a shower performance is not a big deal to me.by the time i'm totaly done with the probe it will most likely be a trailer queen!

slammedLXI
02-17-2003, 08:55 PM
i drove a v6 5sp one and it was quick...

88LXiHB
02-17-2003, 09:12 PM
SIG TOO BIG!!!

guaynabo89
02-18-2003, 07:10 AM
15 custom bent valves, and one shreaded timming belt...-

lol:lol

Is everyone forgetting that the probe did have Mazda engines in them. That should count for something. Its body stylings are not to appealing.:(

goldyaccord
02-18-2003, 09:37 AM
Dont get the probe... You'll have problems down the road.

it's better to get an 90-92 GT. Those are more predictable.. but still you either get a good one or lemmoned out one.

I myself is looking for a 1gen GT but it's goin to be a track car. If not, I'll get a 1 gen Eclipse GSX.

StUpiD8000
02-18-2003, 05:21 PM
arrg.......My friend just got a 93? GT....That thing is slow...Thay fell fast.. really fast....But he got bet by a stock dodge dakota..It only has 80k on it and he is doing more fixit work then I am on a 89 with 150k....And if you are makin a trailer queen...MAKE IT A 3G...I would like to see a 3g trailer queen:) And if it has to be ford.... Make it rustage

pimp86LX
02-18-2003, 05:55 PM
well im not gunna rag on ya, every car has its prone failures, just take good care of it and it will last, no matter what it is.

Personally i wouldn't touch ford, but im not gunna outright say theyre junk because of my limited experience. I had an 85ranger xl and i couldn't kill it. so whatever man, do whatever you want

88WhiteLX-i
02-18-2003, 09:39 PM
Like always.... Fix
Or
Repair
Daily

Jareds 89 LX-i
02-18-2003, 10:21 PM
Hey now...Fords aren't all that bad. It's like anything else, you either get a good one or a bad one. If you find one that's been well taken care of and you continue to take care of it and don't abuse it, more than likely you won't have any problems with it. My '94 Ranger I used to have was a wonderful truck, 52k semi-hard miles in the 2 years I had it and it never once missed a beat, and would have reached 200k easily (was at 124k when I sold it feb '01). Also some older people I know (not real old...about 60) have both driven only Fords their entire lives and have never had a problem with them, and the one used both his old '91 and his new '02 Rangers in his construction business. These same people also had a '91 Probe GT V6 that they bought brand new and they racked up 160k something miles in 7 years, and never had a problem with it. Traded that for a new 98 Taurus, which they put 115k on when they traded that about 6 months ago for a new Windstar. Never had a problem with that one either.

Now if you want to talk Chryslers that's a whole other story, heheh. I'd take a Ford, or maybe even break down and buy a GM (*shivers*) before I'd buy a Chrysler product. :lol