PDA

View Full Version : Has there been a B20A coupe yet?

DarknessRS
02-16-2003, 01:12 AM
So far I've only seen B20s getting swapped into the hatches.

88LXi68
02-16-2003, 05:41 AM
Mike Lee swapped one in his SE-i coupe. Robt5580 will have one in his coupe by summer.

carotman
02-16-2003, 06:55 AM
and there will be a sedan soon (damn I'm one of the 1st to have bought a B20A and it's still not ready. I'm rebuilding it tough)

RobT5580
02-16-2003, 07:12 AM
I cant wait to get my car going but now that im definatly going turbo again its gonna take slightly longer than the N/A motor would have since i have some more expensive parts to buy. Since im off from college this semester im working 45+ hours a week so things should go smooth.

merlindavis
02-16-2003, 07:50 AM
i have a b20a coupe... of course, all preludes are coupes, so i don't count...

89sei
02-16-2003, 01:19 PM
Hey Rob,

I can't remember what grade bolts I used for the gears, but I'll just keep everything all together for you. The gears are NOT indexed though...so you might have to index them yourself if you need...you have the stock (non-adjustable) gears though, right?

Haven't been on writing anything for a long time...anyways, here's a pic of what your coupe will look like with the JDM block and turbo!

Sheeet!...might need Yasu to moderate that pic...uh, sorry Yasu

Mike

RobT5580
02-16-2003, 01:28 PM
Thanks Mike, I wish it went through during the summer but i dont think it would have been in till this spring anyway because of school last semester but now im working full time so things should be good. I wish you had gotten it running because you worked so hard on it and took you time to make you web site. But part of it went to good use with Yasu and i will be using the bottom end for my turbo setup so it wasnt waisted.

YK86
02-16-2003, 03:11 PM
Here's the pic:

carotman
02-16-2003, 05:27 PM
Hey Hi mike!

Glad you came to visit us.

Coroncho80
02-17-2003, 04:35 AM
Man, thats a beautiful thing! :D

mykwikcoupe
02-18-2003, 07:20 PM
hey rob, its good to see you making your dreams come true. We can work throught the turbo ventures together. and you kinda close. My kit is a modified one to fit and hopefully is does. maybe mike will know for sure. I got the tial 35mm wastegate and of course the HKS SSBOV:D . Thiunking about the mallry hyfire IV for boost control and timing advance controls. let me know what you think. what the total compression of the wiseco 8.5:1 pistons witha turbo setup[, anyone know?

RobT5580
02-19-2003, 04:02 PM
Yeah its 8.5:1 on my block and im gonna run a MSD SCI-L with a Zdyne Gold ECU (adjustable via computer). I would have bought the MSD BTM cause its all in one but i jumped the gun and got this one. But im told it will work fine with the Zdyne ECU. Im doing a custom kit and may have a shop help me cause im not an expert on turbos but i will do all of the installation and bring it to a dyno for tuning. I know a fee people with extensive turbo knowledge so either they will help or i will just pay the shop to do all the tuning and teach me when its done. If im not mistaken the kit was all hooked up to mikes motor but he had ignition problems that prevented him from running the car at all. good luck!

mykwikcoupe
02-20-2003, 06:20 PM
What kind of problem? Is it a harness type thing or more a lack of? I found his oil pan or your oil pan. Did you still need it?

RobT5580
02-20-2003, 06:50 PM
Mike was trying to run the B20A Ecu and distributor so i think that was where his problem lied. But back then he was on his own and didnt know the integra or lude distributor would work and probably would have worked with the prelude ECU/teg dist. Sad cause he spent so much time and money and did it all right and took his time. Basically im trying to get this done before i go back to school in sept and after that i wont have the time or money as an engaugment wouldnt be long after if things are still the same.

smufguy
03-01-2003, 07:57 AM
Yo carot seriously, u need to finish your swap dude, ur the second one i knew of (besides mike lee) who had the possession of a B20 and u got a damn manual tranny. I wanna see it dude, i wanna see how u do it. gosh thats gonna be one fast DX (though its not) :D

Morpheus
03-03-2003, 03:43 PM
hey merlin is that a 3 geez?