PDA

View Full Version : Painting my bonnet black.

Toby
02-16-2003, 05:56 AM
yes thats right I am painting my bonnet black :stick:

I cant afford Carbon Fibre so I am painting it black :super:

what do you think??

accordboricua
02-16-2003, 08:35 AM
Dude...does bonnet=hood? Cause in spanish hood is "bonete"...that's why I'm asking.

dXsquared
02-16-2003, 08:55 AM
it sure is... he is an AUSSIE so its all weird...

Travis

SiR
02-16-2003, 10:48 AM
Depends what kind of color your car is. Just hope it dosent look like you put a spare hood and didnt paint the hood to match the car.

anchovies
02-16-2003, 09:52 PM
why would you want to do that?
Don't waste your time painting it black. Get a real carbon fiber one when you can afford it. Maybe carbon fiber coated on your stock bonnet. Should be alot cheaper.

A20A1
02-16-2003, 10:35 PM
Tyres... phhh!

:lol

I like the black hood look.. I don't really care for the carbon fiber mesh look...
I would only get carbon fiber if it reduced weight by a lot like 20 lbs or so, and then leave it unpainted, or paint it black so no one new it was CF.

89accord_lxi_coupe
02-18-2003, 05:52 AM
uh dude, carbon fiber is black. it does reduce weight, but that would be offset by the weight of the rest of your car. c/f looks nice IMO. People only paint c/f if they want it to match the rest of their car. the paint can add weight to the hood, then whats the point if you were going for reduced weight. am i not right in what i'm saying? if so, then tell me i'm an idiot. THAT'S ONLY IF I'M NOT CORRECT, not just because you wanna call me that.

Nolan

carotman
02-18-2003, 06:04 AM
painting oyur hood black would look ghetto I think. It would look like you went into an accident and didn't have the cash to afford a complete repair.

Toby
02-18-2003, 06:35 AM
my car is white and the "hood" is gloss black. it wont look like its been in accident because it is mirror finish and I am going to put stickers on it too.

Site
02-18-2003, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by Toby
and I am going to put stickers on it too.
Hehe. I saw a Ferrari with a carbon fiber body. It was painted red and you could see the weave of the carbon fiber through the paint. It was extremely cool. Guaynabo89 is planning on painting part of his carbon fiber hood - that will look very cool, I think.

I would not paint my hood black, unless you plan on painting other parts of the body black, too. Maybe if the mirrors were black, a black rear wing, some other black accents - maybe.

Toby
02-20-2003, 07:37 AM
well she is noe black. the mirrors are black. my tyres are also black :D