PDA

View Full Version : syncronized 32/36

InAccordance
10-14-2017, 04:12 PM
So I had a thought and made a thing to go in my linkage that forces the secondary to open with the primary. I sync'd it.
I've seen kits they sell that do the same thing for 47$ but I did it for free :)
Now I need help with jetting =P

Currently running:
Primary Main Jet = 150
Secondary Main Jet = 140
Primary Air-Correction Jet = 180
Secondary Air-Correction Jet = 165
Primary Idle Jet = 60
Secondary Idle Jet = 50
Accelerator Pump Jet = unknown but is a single outlet.

I know i'll need to get the double accel pump jet.
If I feather the throttle she does fine but hitting it with any gusto causes it to drop hard. It will catch up but takes a few seconds. This applies to off a dead stop or whilst rolling.
If I hit it when rolling, it falls on its face and I have to let up a bit for it to recover.
Idles just fine so I think I am good with the idle circuit.
Other than that, holy hell it screams.

Thanks!

2oodoor
10-21-2017, 10:11 AM
Doing that would benefit zero! It also would be impossible to tune and jet correctly, Webers operate entirely on vacuum initiated transition. I can see it working as forced secondary opening but not very efficiently, my as well be using z fat 2bbl motorcraft carb like off a 70's Ford. That's been done successfully with good results for idle, cruises rich but wot is dynomite go boom :D couple squirt accel jet on the 32\36 works OK a 70 I think but you need to drop your idle stop all the way, bring the base timing up some then redo the redline weber best idle procedure. That may take several times to get the timing high as possible without preignition knock. Works wonders, make sure to use inline fuel filter in addition to OEM, all it takes for weber problems is a speck off debris in any jet to throw off things and cause that off idle stumble!

InAccordance
10-30-2017, 06:00 AM
Just put in a new filter about a month ago so all is good in the hood there.
Mostly just did it for the fun of it. I like to tinker.
Going to put it back to normal since the cold has set in. Really isn't happy at all setup this way in the cold. For those few days it was warm, worked well once I got the accel pump jet in. Only time it would stumble is when it was still cold. Warmed up it was fine.
Made the throttle interesting... idle, and wide the fuck open.
Did help low end a decent amount but would top out faster.
May just end up springing for a 38 since dcoe manifolds are fracking impossible to find.

Thanks for the response 8)