PDA

View Full Version : 1989 accord coupe lxi convert to twin carb eliminate emissions

Kevingarner
10-15-2017, 10:37 AM
I have an 1989 accord coupe lxi with 294,656 miles it's had a blown head gasket twice due to the fan control sensor , I have fixed it with bars leak head gasket repair seems to work just fine, I'm not proud , but it's my driver ,I have removed the t stat and wired the fan to the ignition with a toggle switch to get some heat , we live in eastern idaho. Now the good stuff I have an engine with 194,000 miles that came out of our last accord an 87, same engine ,except different size bolt for harmonic balancer, this car had
To many elec. Issues,and a twin carb manifold I would like to remove all the unnecessary crappie under the hood and use real gauges after market carb.s not looking for high performance just want to simplify things, any advise

InAccordance
10-15-2017, 11:13 PM
My advice is to sell me that twin carb manifold.

DanJDT
10-15-2017, 11:21 PM
I am assuming you remove the tstat because of the head gasket fixit stuff? Maybe after awhile throw in a lower temp tstat?

I am going to be looking through this forum to find the emissions/vacuum delete thread. I have found a picture and thats about it. If I find it I will let you know.

Shane86
10-23-2017, 11:31 PM
It would be a lot easier to fix the head gasket then to try to switch to a carbureted motor in a fuel injected body