PDA

View Full Version : '83 Accord hatch

Honda#1
10-20-2017, 05:44 PM
I took advantage of the great weather over here and put some pinstripes on my Accord. Did it for the first time and it looks great. I got them in white double lines since those would stand out well. Amazing how much depth and character they give. The Accord just looked plain gray and lifeless before I put these.

I like to keep it classy but it seems it had pinstripes of some sort before, since there is a trace along the driver's side.

Dr_Snooz
10-20-2017, 07:17 PM
Good call. They look great!

Honda#1
10-20-2017, 08:01 PM
Thanks!!

AWH
10-21-2017, 10:08 AM
Looks real good indeed. Gives it just a nice touch and doesn't look like an add-on thingy.

What kind of paint did you use ?

Auke.

Honda#1
10-21-2017, 04:50 PM
I didn't use any paint. It was just the pinstripe tape from eBay that I found for $6. I was impressed myself how good it came out.

Someday I'd hope to get it painted as it could use that too and get actual painted pinstripes. For now I'm just experimenting. I'm glad I went for white stripes and not gray or black like people usually suggest to go with whatever the interior is. Mine being gray. I was going to do light blue pinstripes but wasn't too sure whether or not it would look good so I went with white.

Dr_Snooz
10-23-2017, 07:25 PM
The original stripes were tape so you did good. I need to put the stripes back on mine.

Shane86
10-23-2017, 11:16 PM
Nice work

AWH
10-24-2017, 04:18 AM
Was it hard to get it straight ? Did you attach it like at the back and walk all the way to the front and apply it in one time,or did you apply it 3 feet at the time ? Is a mistake killing or can you get it off and try once more ? Not endlessly ofcourse.

Auke.

Honda#1
10-28-2017, 08:13 AM
Not too hard to get it straight. Just had to focus real good and avoid any distraction. I did one panel at a time. If it looked like it isn't going straight, I'd take it off and reposition. Preliminary application you don't stick it on too hard. So if you have to adjust it, makes it easier. At the end you go over it with a cloth to press it to make it stick well.