PDA

View Full Version : Slip joints

firefighterwhite89
10-20-2017, 08:45 PM
Anyone have obx headers with slip joints? How did you seal them at the slip joints?

-I've used exhaust paste but it blows out of the tubing fairly quickly.
-Also used some quiksteel on the front just testing if it would hold up to the heat. Lasted over a month until i took the joint apart yesterday.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Dr_Snooz
10-23-2017, 07:43 PM
You could always try that muffler repair putty they sell at the parts store. That should be good for another month. LOL

Shane86
10-23-2017, 11:01 PM
what about wrapping it with exhaust wrap

noidea24
10-25-2017, 08:55 AM
I understand your pain, I regret getting the obx.

I used the exhaust putty as mentioned above and just header wrapped the hell out of it.
But the 4-1 design doesn't work for me anymore. The headers hang entirely to low and even at a "comfortable height" they still drag and touch. Not that long ago I busted the bottom two pipes. I just got a flat plate tacked to it now, but I'm looking for pacesetters now

firefighterwhite89
10-28-2017, 05:21 AM
I understand your pain, I regret getting the obx.

I used the exhaust putty as mentioned above and just header wrapped the hell out of it.
But the 4-1 design doesn't work for me anymore. The headers hang entirely to low and even at a "comfortable height" they still drag and touch. Not that long ago I busted the bottom two pipes. I just got a flat plate tacked to it now, but I'm looking for pacesetters nowProbably going to do the same. Could weld them, but if you need to remove them, it'd be a bitch

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk