PDA

View Full Version : Broken OEM Rim! Need to identify a replacement, help!

walgenboy
10-24-2017, 08:14 AM
Hey Guys,

I rarely post on here but figure this is the best place to get some help for my issue. I bought a '89 accord Lxi a few years ago in unbelieveable condition. It was a verified 1-owner original with only 81000 miles on it. I've been taking care of it and using it to drive mostly highway miles back and forth to work. I love this thing and love keeping everything OEM on it since it looks so retro (I love the boxiness :D). Anyway, this morning I hit a piece of metal on the highway on accident and it popped my right rear tire and also appears to have cracked the rim. In case the rim isn't salvageable I can't seem to find anywhere where the OEM rims I'm using are?? I'm starting to wonder if they are even the originals.

Can anyone help me identify where else these 18 spoke alloy rims were used??? Are these just a super-rare version of the more commonly seem 18 spoke version on the 89??

Anything you guys can help me with would be awesome! Thanks!!

(More pics are in next post)

Dr_Snooz
10-24-2017, 08:59 PM
When new, the dealers had pamphlets with all kinds of branded aftermarket stuff you could buy and add on. It was stuff like ski racks, spoilers, key fobs, bras, and, of course, lots and lots of rims. Yours look like a set of those to me. If so, they'll be really hard to find. You might have better luck finding a matched set of OE rims.

rushell
10-25-2017, 02:22 AM
I have a set of 1990 acura integra rims that look just like the wheels I took my 1989 sei contact me at 706 627 9543 cell and I will send u a pic and if u want them we can talk price

walgenboy
10-25-2017, 06:12 AM
I have a set of 1990 acura integra rims that look just like the wheels I took my 1989 sei contact me at 706 627 9543 cell and I will send u a pic and if u want them we can talk price

Hey I really appreciate it, but actually just figured it out. Turns out they're 1990 prelude rims. A buddy of mine at my office said they looked like rims off his old prelude, so I googled it and low and behold somebody put prelude rims on this accord lol. So, that would explain the similarity to the '90 integra. I'll keep that in mind in case I ever need another one though! I found one off ebay for pretty cheap yesterday afternoon.

Thanks for the responses guys!

Dr_Snooz
10-27-2017, 06:34 PM
Score!

mint89
11-06-2017, 06:57 AM
https://norfolk.craigslist.org/wto/d/honda-accord-1989-sei-lxi-14/6360591819.html

HERE'S A COMPLETE SET WITH TIRES