PDA

View Full Version : Car pulling to one side or the other!!!

Kevin
02-16-2003, 07:34 PM
Ok, going the road just coasting my 87 hatch will pull to the right slightly!!! When i get back on the gas the wheel almost torque steers to the left!!! Its really skrewed up!!! What would cause this!! I know my aligment is off but what should i fix to keep aligned?? Ball joints?? Upper/lower control arms???

leon purley
02-16-2003, 07:36 PM
how about jus buyin a honda made in da 90'z

Scorpion88LX
02-16-2003, 07:55 PM
sounds like caster is off (at least to me). caster is the way the wieght of the car is positioned relative to the center line on the wheel.
you just need to go to a shop that does front end alignments make sure that the have a machine do it.

AZmike
02-16-2003, 09:21 PM
I'd at least inpect all the ball joint grease seals first. Check that all the bushings look good and none of the joints have play. If a part is bad then you'll end up paying for two alignments (one now and one after you replace the bad part).

AccordEpicenter
02-16-2003, 10:59 PM
my drivers side lower ball joint is going and is pretty bad and does the same thing you describe, and every time my car shifts, the steering wheel jerks slightly to the left... do you get that too?

Kevin
02-17-2003, 08:14 PM
ya, thats sound like what it is!! I have looked @ my ball joints i and the rubber bushing is ripped so there is slack and movement but i didnt realwhat that would actually do!!! Thanks!!!