PDA

View Full Version : Stalling with clutch disengaged

gb221
11-03-2017, 08:26 PM
I have read a lot of different threads on most of the issues i have currently with my 1989 honda accord dx with 5speed manual carbureted motor. My car has 113k original miles so im trying my best to save it the way it is. I have pretty much alot of the same issues as many have with the keihin carb but i dont want to to the weber swap. I have alot of different issues like idle surge, car idles high, bogs down almost about to stall when idling and then revs back up to like 2-3k rpms, and ive been having issues alot more recently with the car stalling at every stop even with the clutch in, sometimes it does sometimes it doesnt, when it does its harder to start back up normally have to press the gas or hold the gas in to get it to start back up. Ive installed a new fuel pump and new filters, new spark plugs and wires, sprayed alot of carb cleaner into the carb, sea foamed gas tank twice with the highest octane available in my area and continued filling up with that gas, and i did a sea foam in the carb once, was going to do a second treatment in the carb eventually just because its probably worth it. Ive done a radiator flush which was well need cause i dont think anyone ever did it, and obviously changed oil. Im going to end up doing another coolant flush and flush the motor again and change the oil. I ordered new vacuum hoses and im going to replace every single one and im hoping thats going to be the fix to all my problems but i have a feeling it isnt. I talked to a friend that suggested the master cylinder cause the car stalls even with the clutch in, so he said to bleed the clutch and change the fluid and it might help, but i dont really think it may be that issue, i was going to eventually do the tranny fluid and powersteering eventually but wasnt a main focus but i guess if bleeding the clutch and changing the fluid would fix an issue i would do it sooner. the car shifts smooth so idk its debatable in my mind. Im mainly just looking for some ppl to throw me some info that may help, Im new to the forum, this is my first post, and Im just looking to see about some help i guess i own the original repair manual for my car so i have alot of detailed information on how to fix stuff and im doing everything on my own for the first time, kinda just learning and honestly this is my daily driver also so its a crazy attempt to make things happen but im really hoping for some responses and maybe some good ideas, thanks for taking the time to read all of this bull shit lol but hey nice to meet all of you.

AWH
11-04-2017, 10:36 AM
Does your throttle-opener at the carburator hold vacuum ? And does your vacuum advance on the distributor hold vacuum ?

Auke.

gb221
11-05-2017, 11:06 AM
Thanks for the fast reply, Im going to take a look into those suggestions possibly tomorrow and Ill see how things go.

Dr_Snooz
11-05-2017, 07:12 PM
Vacuum leak.