PDA

View Full Version : what to do

87accordHB
02-17-2003, 09:58 AM
:sadwave: Ok if most of you know me then you know I siezed a piston in my car a month ago. and 3 weeks before that it was in a wreck and the front bumper assembly was ripped off and both side lenses were killed as well. Anywho, i got my car towed to my house and it not sits in my garage on car ramps. I have taken the head off, intake mani, exhaust mani, (all nessary to take the head off pretty much) this is what is needed to get it up and going...
1. Cyclinder bored $?
2. New piston $22
3 Piston ring set $50
4. Head Gasget $75
5. Oil pump $100
plus oil and what not. Im forgetting a few things but at the end the total was near 300 bucks to fix it. I payed 800 bucks for my car a yr ago. Im pretty sure im going to just replace the engine but i hear some much talk abot b16a and b16c engine swaps. I am wanting to take EVERY thing out of the engine bay and clean it down and start putting everything back into it. My question is .."Is it worth the time and effort to do this and spend near 2gs on getting to running with engine swap and all? or just spend that on a 91 civic ex 5sp or another car? i found a 86 4d accord DX forsale for parts for near 400 bucks. What should i do? im at a speed bump in the road. Im 17 and working on graduating soon so time is short when i have time working on my car. Any imputs are welcome..and yes nate, your input is cool to. :flash: Its all good. I would hate to see my hatch go to the junky, Perfect project car for someone on here if they were to buy it from me. BTW, its a 87 dx HB . PERFECT interior..like new. Automatic. paint is in mint condition also. im the second owner.

87accordHB
02-17-2003, 09:59 AM
damn thats long..sry if it takes you 10 mins to read that :) crits are welcome btw. i dont care.

Sean
02-17-2003, 10:39 AM
fix the motor and the marker lights.,

mykwikcoupe
02-18-2003, 07:13 PM
Money is of little consiquence when talking of something you love. If you even ask or have doubts. Sell the thing and get something else. if you like the style keep it. You could always fix it and make it nicer as you go. If you like having the type of car that everyone else has and thinks there nice then go for the civic. Just my two cents though and what the hell do i know