PDA

View Full Version : new car plan

dXsquared
02-17-2003, 03:13 PM
i dunno if this is one of those gay posts about mods... but i need opinions

I have recently picked up an SEi sedan for relitively cheap.

I have a bit of a plan as to what I am goin to do, but I need some opinions.

1. Body and Paint
-remove all rust and shave molding
-spray black with a couple coats of clear
2. Put all my parts from the DX on it
-suspension, headers, etc.
-wheels
-some of the stereo
3. I.C.E.
-7 inch widescreen
-PS2
-twin 15's with 800 watt amp
4. Interior
-race buckets
-4 point harnesses
-get rear seat recovered in black vinyl
5. Engine
-polish VC
-get polished short ram
-ZEX nitrous kit
-MSD SCI ignition
-Stage 2 clutch
-injectors
-FI cam

So this is the plan... it will be done over the next 2 or 3 months...

I do have cash, but I dont want to get it all at once because i might want to make changes. I am goin in the most logical order, but if somthing doesnt seem right, lemme know.

PICS WILL BE UP AFTER I GET THE BODY DONE... I WANT TO SHOCK YOU GUYS AT ONCE...

Travis

2old_honda
02-17-2003, 03:28 PM
If you value your life, dont get a harness unless you have at least a roll bar.

dXsquared
02-17-2003, 03:31 PM
i heard about that... the spine crushing thing! i might just have to get a loop made... nice stainless 3 inch exhaust pipe filled with concrete... cheap and shinny.. a bit heavy, but it will work... plus i can mount mah video cam on it

Travis

2old_honda
02-17-2003, 03:32 PM
and when I say roll bar I mean fully welded and race approved. not some APC bolt in POS.

2old_honda
02-17-2003, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by DXHATCHBACK
i heard about that... the spine crushing thing! i might just have to get a loop made... nice stainless 3 inch exhaust pipe filled with concrete... cheap and shinny.. a bit heavy, but it will work... plus i can mount mah video cam on it

Travis

I wouldn't do that, I highly doubt that is an acceptable practice. Use whatever race/drag cars use.

dXsquared
02-17-2003, 03:39 PM
god damn! i probably wont... but i just want a loop... i have a few friends that have weldshops and machine shops... so having it made would be easy enuff

Travis

Y3G
02-17-2003, 03:59 PM
i got you booked for this summer to install your ice and detail the motor!

dXsquared
02-17-2003, 04:05 PM
cool... ill be there...

GO Y3G MOTORSPORTS!!!!!!

Travis

87Hybrid
02-17-2003, 05:06 PM
3 inch exhaust pipe filled with concrete
With the weight of that thing you can kill yourselfdoing a panic stop. the harness on just a loop are more dangerous than not wearing a belt at all. If you are gonna do it do it right.

dXsquared
02-17-2003, 05:11 PM
so like thick gauge pipe bent and welded to the floor? with a cross bar to mount the harness on?

Travis

1989 DX R
02-17-2003, 05:15 PM
Get. A. Roll. Cage.

It's not that hard to understand is it? Get a real rollcage and you will thank us later.

87Hybrid
02-18-2003, 03:38 AM
so like thick gauge pipe bent and welded to the floor? with a cross bar to mount the harness on?

Besty bet is the hoop and some runners going in a 45 degree foreward to the floor . Keep it mounted far enough back that you wont smack it with your head. If your freinds at the welding shop can do chromemolly that would be best. better to bolt it to the floor with backing plates on the underside, welding that close to the main stiffining structure on a unibody car is bad.

dXsquared
02-18-2003, 05:50 AM
cool... thanks for the info... so some 45 degree pipes to the front? is the impact that great in an accedent that just a hoop wont work?

Travis

1989 DX R
02-18-2003, 11:55 AM
Yes, it is. The hoop will just be another piece of metal that will fly around and hurt you and/or your passengers.

Get a real roll cage.

StUpiD8000
02-18-2003, 05:05 PM
heres a link to a roll-cage for the 88-92 accords (http://www.swracecars.com/rolbarlist.html)