PDA

View Full Version : removing pinstripes

slammedLXI
02-17-2003, 03:41 PM
in an earlier post someone told me to use gs27 to get them off (mine were painted on)... well i did this while my valve cover and tails were drying.

i got the trunk and two front fenders done, and it took me about 2-3 hours... just keep rubbing and rubbing... is this the only method for painted pinstripes?

89accord_lxi_coupe
02-18-2003, 05:43 AM
i went and took my stripes off last week, but the good thing was that they weren't painted on. the dealer i bought if from said he had gotten it painted, though i didn't believe him. the stripes were just the same kind you can get in Auto Zone, it took 15 mins. to get them off because i was cautious and pulled slowly. they left more marks if I pulled fast. I can tell where the original stripes were, because there is this ( technically 2 ) divot-like line all the way down the side. it's not that noticeable unless you get up on it and look hard. i think it looks better without them anyway. well that was my experience.

Nolan

AccordEpicenter
02-18-2003, 10:46 AM
Yea if you have the ones that arent painted on somtimes you can buff them off (very carefully)

Mike89Accordcom
02-18-2003, 11:32 AM
I don't know if I've ever seen painted pinstrips. That sounds like a tough job to do. Good luck.

Nate2310
02-18-2003, 04:15 PM
Get a plastic razor from nopi, that's what I did, it's pretty quick and does no harm to your paint. Just heat it up and scrape away

88vert
10-31-2004, 12:03 PM
where did you get this GS-27?Thanks alot for your time :)