PDA

View Full Version : webbers?

MarioBurke
02-17-2003, 07:02 PM
Hey I have never heard of the Webber until just a week or two ago. how Does it affect your smog test? Is it something that will void the test because its performance? I was thinking about getting one later on down the road, but I wanted to find more information.

PhydeauX
02-17-2003, 08:46 PM
100% illegial for smog controled vehicles.

andy

MarioBurke
02-17-2003, 09:30 PM
well there goes that idea

2old_honda
02-17-2003, 10:04 PM
the DGEV might pass (you would have to tweak the crap out of it and even then it might not pass) the sniffer, but it wont pass the visual inspection.

A20A1
02-18-2003, 02:27 AM
well if you can hide the weber amongst the stock vacuum lines then it might pass... just coonect things so they look used and leave the black box in... runs some major lean jets when you go for the test and possibly remove the spring to the power vlave... or it may be as easy as adjusting the float level a little lower, and turning in the idle mixture screw.

PhydeauX
02-18-2003, 09:18 AM
You won't have to go that far to make the dgv pass. It will problaby go through just as clean, if not cleaner then the stock carb with it tuned normaly. They make adapters to fit stock air cleaners to dgv carbs. You can also get versions of the dgv with an idle cut off solenoid and evap connections. Then its just a matter of making the vacuume system look like its still hooked up. Most of the stuff can stay just the way it is and the few connections that were made to the carbs have to be tucked away somewhere out of sight.

andy

pip
02-18-2003, 09:35 AM
how does the webber carb run? good?

dXsquared
02-18-2003, 10:36 AM
it improves performance and it makes the engine rev more smooth accross the rev range. it pulls harder too... the carb is best used in concert with a few other components such as exhaust

Travis

MarioBurke
02-18-2003, 10:41 AM
sounds like to much work to get it to pass smog