PDA

View Full Version : Loud clanking noise

AccordLxi88
02-17-2003, 07:52 PM
Ever since i bought my car when i would start it up i would here a clanking for the first 5 seconds then it would go away. over time i started to here it any time the engine was between 1500-2500 rpms but it wasnt to loud so i just thought a bracket was loose or something minor. well just the other night i was being really hard on my car florring it everywhere and such, and the noise got really loud really quickly. now i am afraid to drive it. Im gonna check under the valve cover and the timing cover then prolly rebuild the engine. B4 i do all thiss is there any things im forgeting to check. sadly im pretty sure its a rod clanking but any ideas would be great.

AccordEpicenter
02-18-2003, 10:58 AM
Hmm are you sure its an internal engine thing? Heat shields and water pump/ps pumps can make bad noises too

Scotts88WhiteLX-i
02-18-2003, 11:13 AM
its probably your heat sheild or cat.... your cat could have some off broken aspests rumblin around in ur cat.......

AccordLxi88
02-18-2003, 12:03 PM
No it is the engine it is louder than any bad cat i have everheard. i have had 2 cars throw rods and it sounds exactly the same as they did right b4 it happened. thanks for the ideas i only wish that was all that is wrong.

AccordEpicenter
02-18-2003, 03:24 PM
make sure you have oil pressure, my car in the morning would somtime take a second to come up with the oil pressure and it would make all kinds of ugly noises.