PDA

View Full Version : New to Honda lol

Gurrman90
12-28-2017, 04:17 AM
Hey, names Matt and I just got a 1986 Honda Accord LXi hatchback for $350. Has 312k miles on the motor, I'm the 2nd owner. Hasn't been dogged or slam hard. Automatic (unfortunately) with the original A20A3 motor. I have a ton of questions about this engine and I know I can't do much with it. So if anyone has experience with this, hit me up. Thanks 🤘

derolph
12-31-2017, 10:01 AM
I suggest you go ahead and post specific questions. I have a 1988 LXi 2-door coupe with 5-speed manual transmission and the A20A3 engine. I have never tried to do any engine modifications to improve performance; as you stated, I don't think you can do much to improve performance. In the realm of maintenance & repair, I've replaced the radiator, starter, alternator, main relay (it controls the fuel pump), fuel injectors (when one of the originals started leaking), timing belt, two oxygen sensors, the catalytic converter, the flex section of the exhaust system, front-end upper ball joints, and some seals to reduce leaks.

Dr_Snooz
12-31-2017, 07:18 PM
Welcome!

Shane86
01-01-2018, 01:16 AM
Hey, names Matt and I just got a 1986 Honda Accord LXi hatchback for $350. Has 312k miles on the motor, I'm the 2nd owner. Hasn't been dogged or slam hard. Automatic (unfortunately) with the original A20A3 motor. I have a ton of questions about this engine and I know I can't do much with it. So if anyone has experience with this, hit me up. Thanks 🤘

Welcome. there's all kinds of stuff you can do. be sure to check out the performance part list. And obd1 conversion

Honda#1
01-03-2018, 04:46 AM
Welcome!! The A20A3 engine is one of the best engines you will find in an Accord. For $350 you can't beat that. A one-owner car with that many miles tells a lot. Good luck! Post some pics.