PDA

View Full Version : 1986 Honda Accord LX-i hatch

Honda#1
01-11-2018, 05:30 PM
I've finally found my dream car after searching for 13 years for one in this condition that has not been abused to the ground or riced out. Meet my '86 LX-i hatch Beauty Queen Creampuff. 166,000 miles. This car is the shit! Truly what was advertised back in the day! This thing flies 90mph and handles like a Civic hatch almost. That A20A3 engine is so strong that I think Honda made the power to weight ratio perfect. The tranny is so smooth that it outperforms other Road Appliances from the 21st century. Handling is like no other. Every Accord generation just got better and better. Except they don't make them like this anymore. The early fuel injection system is fun because it's like half carbed in a way except you don't have to gas it to start it. Amazing how in 3 years ('83 to '86) the Accord became bigger. I love the flip up lights. It's like magic when they are turned on. Owning a car like this I feel lucky. I'm going to keep her stock for now. Just needs basic TLC.

Dr_Snooz
01-12-2018, 06:15 PM
Someone's in love. Enjoy the sweet car!

Honda#1
01-12-2018, 08:09 PM
Thanks!

Fedor B.
01-13-2018, 08:47 AM
That was a long search.
Enjoy it.

Honda#1
01-13-2018, 04:57 PM
Thank you! The car has an unknown history other than timing belt and water pump replacement at 140,000 miles. It was an older lady's car and she bought it in 2013. And recently the fuel pump was replaced. Before that, I don't know. I'm hoping it was a two-owner car. I just need the weather to warm up to at least start cleaning the interior. It's just dusty since it was stored in a barn and has some dead farm insects on the cargo cover and dash. Also the carpeting can use scrubbing and the seats are almost like new except a few stains on inconspicious areas, just looking like mud from the farm.

I was watching the ad for two months and since it was still available after THAT long, it was a sign. I just had to get it.

It has the PGM-FI light come on after a few minutes of driving. The car runs fine, no performance issues except uneven idling at start up and sometimes when in traffic. I found out it needs a new battery, but regardless, a tune-up is a must. Again, weather is terribly cold to do anything unless taking it to a shop which I am against unless it is an emergency.

MessyHonda
01-21-2018, 12:14 PM
nice hatch. I also want to own a hatch one day.

Shane86
01-29-2018, 08:03 PM
Nice find.

Honda#1
02-07-2018, 01:51 PM
Thanks guys!