PDA

View Full Version : Just came back from the guys who make the custom body kits

YK86
02-17-2003, 11:37 PM
Good news guys. I put down a deposit and will be taking my 88 sometime next week for them to keep for a few days to get make the first proto type pieces. I will pay for the first front lip (Greddy style) and side skirts (Mugen style) to be made. The rear will be done after they make the front and sides so we can create one that will balance out the whole car so it mon't have huge front and sides and a gay looking rear. I will try to get them to make replicas of the CRX lip while the car is there as well.

Now, after that is done and I have pics to show you guys, I will need to set up a group buy (it will only have to be over 5 guys per piece but more the better) and they will invest in making a real mould when they know there is a market (not just me saying there is) so they don't waste time and money. Once a mould is made, then any future orders will be easy to fill as they only have to use the moulds to make more. In a worse case scenario where we don't get 5 or more guys (which I don't think will happen), I already paid for the proto type to be made so no one will lose money. When I say 5 guys per piece, these people don't have to buy the whole kit but as long as 5 sets of each part is sold (so people buying just the front or just the lip will still count towards the total), they will make the mould. So I need people who are interested to decide if they can participate in a group buy roughly sometime in the next couple months. You don't have to reply but just think it over. I don't want this to be like the cam group buy where people sign up but never get back to me or return my PM's or e-mails when it's time to send in the money orders because this time, one or two guys backing out will make a difference. I will have to get deposits for the group buy as this was a requirement by the shop that is making it. BTW, the price for the full kit will roughly be $400 depending on number of people and material costs. Hopefully, they can work towards lowering the price even more if we get really good participation.

Now the other thing they offered to do was carbon fiber hoods but I don't think it will be as cheap as Site's especially due to his prices including shipping. The display one they had was very nice. They were willing to make carbon fiber headlight eyelids for the guys who have the CF hoods from the original group buy. But I wasn't sure if you guys got those made already. This probably won't require a group buy as it's just a small item.

So, that's it for my update. I hope we can really get this to go through.

DarknessRS
02-18-2003, 02:24 AM
I'm interested, can't wait until the pics. And if it goes green for $400 full kit, even better.

carotman
02-18-2003, 06:09 AM
What will be the kit made of? Fiberglass? Eurethane???

I would like a front lip but with my black bumpers, I would like to keep an unpainted look.

YK86
02-18-2003, 08:38 AM
They will be fiberglass. I'm not sure what color it is unpainted.

Coroncho80
02-18-2003, 09:28 AM
Hey this is awsome! I want a Greddy front lip ASAP! I have the $$ right now. How fast do you think it would take them to make the lip? I was just looking for one but since you're doing all this and it will be a perfect fit for our cars, I WILL go with you. I don't care what color it is, I just want one. :D

rossi86
02-18-2003, 10:10 AM
Im new, with that said for $400 count me in. Im not sure when this was posted though am i to late. When or where can i see pitures.

BensAccordLxi
02-18-2003, 10:49 AM
I'd pay $400 for the kit. Will the kit be made to fit all 3rd Gens?

89AccordLvr
02-18-2003, 11:55 AM
hey YK86 do you know any body close to you with a 3gen hatchback, if you do maybe he can help you and all of us out and you can try and get a rear lip for us

Chrome_thangs
02-18-2003, 12:09 PM
Of course i'm in! Keep us posted!

YK86
02-18-2003, 12:49 PM
One thing I do request is please don't PM me asking how soon this will go into production. I will keep you guys informed here if anything new develops. We have to take it one step at a time. As for HB bumpers, if I can get a certain number of guys to buy them and I can share the costs of me actually buying a bumper from a HB (if I can't borrow one), would you HB guys care if it cost a bit more than the 2dr/4 dr guys?? If 5 guys bought it, it would probably be $10-$20US extra per person.

89AccordLvr
02-18-2003, 01:49 PM
i wouldnt mind a slight increase for the rear lips if its only 10-20 dollars more

netfreak
02-18-2003, 04:33 PM
The planned timeframe sounds good.. I'd most likely be interested in a full kit but I just have to save up first. Is the kit being made for a 2dr or 4dr?

YK86
02-18-2003, 06:08 PM
The sides and front are being designed to fit the 4dr, 2dr, and HB with the same pieces. The HB rear piece will need to be made differently.

mykwikcoupe
02-18-2003, 07:51 PM
If it looks good Im in. Is this 400 canada money. Doesnt amtter but curious. I want a carbon fiber hood but i want on with the dual hood scoops from the cavalier or whatever that was. I want it all to be carbon fiber. eyelids and all. Keep me posted. Im in for sure though. Will it look kinda like the schnieder kit? How will it be different. I cant picture it. Thanks for all the work though

YK86
02-18-2003, 08:03 PM
The pics are in the other thread http://209.151.81.66/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13742 And prices are in US $.

mykwikcoupe
02-18-2003, 08:08 PM
Cool. Im in. The lip insert looks like its for venting the brakes. Is this functional or just for looks. is it for lights? Just curious Im in no matter what though Let me know

YK86
02-18-2003, 08:24 PM
It's just styling. No purpose I think.

Chubs87Accord
02-18-2003, 11:51 PM
i dont have much money for one now.. but i hope to soon... im a def maybe, and if they look nice in the pics ill see how fast i can scrape the money together

bobafett
02-19-2003, 08:09 AM
i would probably invest in a kit... i will need to see good pics of everything, because i cannot picture these on a 3G.

also will the HB bumper lip be the same as the 88-89 4door bumper? anyway it will be really cool for a low price to get a nice kit made!

MrBen
02-19-2003, 09:38 AM
When I scrape the money together I would buy a kit. Won't be anytime soon but I am interested.

Micah 89LXi
02-19-2003, 03:41 PM
i would love to scrape together that much for a kit if they are available...probably just go with a front lip for now tho..i love the way that greddy and crx lip looks

original2k
02-19-2003, 04:29 PM
yeah if it's only $400 hell yeah i'm in, lower? even better! only thing is i don't have the money to get my car painted as well, i drive a blue 4dr, would u think that a 2-tone black and blue would look crappy/cheap? i might night shade my tails or something to make it look like i was trying to do something, but i doubt they can replicate the color i have now, what do u guys think of that idea tho? but yeah for that price how can i say no?

88Ex-i
02-19-2003, 11:22 PM
I'll be in for that. I'd like to get a kit before I get my car painted, so keep us informed.

3rd GEN
02-20-2003, 01:03 AM
wow!! great work Yasu!! YOU THA MAN!!!:bow: :bow:

ya, i'd deffinately be down for one...let me know

YK86
02-25-2003, 04:49 PM
I dropped off the car yesterday and we talked today over the basic design. He said he probbaly made a Greddy replica (for the 5th gen) so if he can use that as the basic mould and modify that to fit the 3rd gen, then he said he should have something for me to look at at the end of the week. I'll keep you guys posted!

88 Accord DX
02-25-2003, 05:09 PM
im so excited my nipples are hard!!!!

MrBen
02-25-2003, 05:25 PM
HAHA :D that is funny!

si accord
02-25-2003, 07:34 PM
god i can't wait, i really need a front lip, aighhhhhhhhhhhhh, ,ok, get me pics soon

...opie

shogun
02-26-2003, 08:58 PM
I would be very interested also in a complete kit. How much would it be in Canadian $?

YK86
02-26-2003, 09:04 PM
Not sure yet about the price but it'll be around $525-$600CAD. BTW, have you checked out www.vancouveraccords.com yet??

shogun
02-26-2003, 09:46 PM
ok thx man, sounds good, i will be interested. no i havent, ill go check it out now, friend told me about http://revscene.net. hey u live in bc, is there a good place to order parts like sprint springs for a good price in canada?

YK86
02-26-2003, 11:21 PM
Revscene is okay but it's all kinds of different cars and everyone seems to talk trash. You can get Sprints from Mopac in Burnaby. If you want, I can call the guy I always deal with as he helps me out on prices all the time.

shogun
02-26-2003, 11:54 PM
ya that would be dope! im gonna check out the prices here tomorow at some of the local places. i think the guy quoted me 200 for sprints but it might have been more, and 450 for fb tokico struts. if u could find out cost of tokico and koni struts as well that would be cool. if its cheaper thru u will go to u, thx man.

ps., how would i pay?

YK86
02-27-2003, 03:39 AM
Do you ever come into the lower mainland? Anyways, I'll PM youwhen I get some prices.

YK86
03-04-2003, 05:01 PM
I went for another visit today. They are having a hell of a time getting the front lip to work and he's running out of time to work on it due to several big jobs coming up for a local car show and a bunch of group buys for CF hoods. So what I may have to do is leave them a front and rear bumper for them to work on when they have time. I can't go carless for too much longer and I really need to work on the 88 to have ti ready in a week for the person buying it. So what we agreed on is that they are almost done a prototype sideskirt so as soon as that is done, I will arrange to get some spare bumpers for them to work on. They need the car for the skirts but as long as they have some bumpers, they won't need the rest of the car. Not the progress I was hoping for but it's better than nothing.

dXsquared
03-04-2003, 05:05 PM
this is cool... even tho im selling the 3g...

Travis

spanky5485
03-04-2003, 07:34 PM
With a will there is a way

I'm interested in purchasing such a body kit for my 88' lxi

this is all depending on how it looks.

oh and i have plenty of money

-Ryan-

88accordlxi
03-05-2003, 06:47 AM
:crying: i can't wait im so excited hopefully i'll have a job when all this goes down.:confused: