PDA

View Full Version : Front sway bar bushing part number ?

AC439
01-18-2018, 05:51 PM
While I was under the car doing the rack replacement, I snapped this picture of the front sway bar bushing (not the end link but the one bolted to the under side of the car).

I tried to look up the web for replacement but not sure if I have the right part. The part I found says fit the car from Amazon and rockauto is all round. I would assume this part should have a flat side, right ?

As you can see from the FSM, it should have a flat side but the picture from rockauto that says fit is all round.

Also, when I install, it the bushing going to be slide into position from the end ? Or it has a split that I can just put it in without disconnect the end links ?

Please post part number if you have done it before. (I searched but found some part number posted for poly bushing and some said has to be mod to get it fit etc, I'm trying to find a direct fit)

Thanks.

AC439
01-19-2018, 11:37 AM
I did some more digging into the forum and the web. Found out the front sway bar to body frame bushing is discontinued (51316-SE0-900). The picture from rockauto is for rear sway bar. It seems like the only way is to get some poly bushing and mod for the right size. Mine is a 86 LXi so the sway bar is 20.5 m.m. Anyone has experience with which aftermarket bushing is the nearest in dimension to the factory one ?

AC439
01-23-2018, 05:52 PM
I'm still having hard times finding a replacement. Went to a Honda dealership, the guy said sorry, discontinued part, can't help. Went to Orileys, they said the Energy Suspension has to be specially ordered and wont guarantee fit. I did a chat with Energy Suspension, they do sell 20.5mm bushings but there are several variations so I have to get under the car and measure the bolts spacing....

Oldblueaccord
01-24-2018, 12:49 AM
I'm still having hard times finding a replacement. Went to a Honda dealership, the guy said sorry, discontinued part, can't help. Went to Orileys, they said the Energy Suspension has to be specially ordered and wont guarantee fit. I did a chat with Energy Suspension, they do sell 20.5mm bushings but there are several variations so I have to get under the car and measure the bolts spacing....

https://www.3geez.com/forum/suspension-wheels-tires-brakes/57772-energy-supension-sawy-bar-bushings.html?highlight=sway+bar+endlinks

Put the pictures back up. There still holding and the oily underneath is still oily!

AC439
01-24-2018, 09:53 AM
Thanks for link. My bar is 20.5mm definitely have to check for a different part number. I need to get under the car again to measure the mounting bolt distance so I can get the closest one from energy suspension.

Oldblueaccord
01-24-2018, 12:40 PM
From way back memory I think they ran in standard sizes like 5/8,3/4 etc. The ones I used didnt seem too effect anything much. Obviously yours are shot. I think the better end
links you will notice a better feel. The best bang for the buck is the strut rod bushings. All the after market ones are way/way stiffer than stock.

AC439
01-24-2018, 01:40 PM
I already changed the sway bar end links bushings. I also did the radius rod bushing (if this is the same as strut rod) cause they were worn badly. I think mines are shot badly after changing out the end links bushings making the bar rub on it more. Before the end link change, the bar was loose.

gp02a0083
01-26-2018, 06:14 AM

not surprised , i had a difficult time around 2013/2014 finding these bushings , i lucked out and found a NOS set. However doesn't really provide a solution to this issue. I Have an lx-i , i didn't measure the front sway bar but i did try the prothane 8-1123 22MM bushings, from what i was told they would fit the oem keepers. seems like the sway bar diameter is lager and the bushings don't exactly fit .