PDA

View Full Version : 89 Honda Accord ULX/Question about

shwm19
01-19-2018, 04:47 PM
Alright, so this will not be short. This will not be sweet... But it's a question!

SOOOOOOOO

My girlfriend has a straight bodied, minimally dented, and mostly running Honda Accord ULX 87. I know I said 89 but I'm getting to that. It has 500xxx+ miles on it. And it sat in a field for 3 years.... Then she saved it. It's body is straight, but has a couple small dents here any there, but nothing major. Oh but windshield is Cracked

Mechanically it needs a Carb, sending unit, tires, and windshield. Has a new battery and alternator, the fuel regulator (?) (Maybe on that one she didn't sound so sure) New fuel filter, new spark plugs, and more in the fuel system, I mean, i sat for 3 + years. It's grey. All in all about 1k into the thing including the car.

89 Honda Accord ULX... 208xxx miles. Bought for 200. Was running when bought EXCEPT for: Dead battery... That's it mechanically. If you're smart, which a lot of you are, you know where this is going. It was hit in a head on collision. From what I can see the engine is fine though when I had it towed there was a leak under it, but it was from a public parking lot, so it may not have been this Honda.

The front end is pretty trashed. Both front Fenders are bent to hades and back. The hood is so bent it's jammed. (Bought a new toy for this), the rear passenger quarter panel is fine. The trunk won't open. The locks on the drivers door busted. Windshield Cracked. The only good door is the front passenger. Tired are all good with good tread. Carbs good. A lot about this car mechanically is good. But the frame is very likely to be bent based off the rear door not opening and the trunk not closing and the type of accident it was in. I already have determined i'm taking the remaining parts my girlfriend needs for her Honda meaning I would need all those parts. Plus the body work done (Assuming the Frame isn't bent to hell)

Now my question.

Would it be even remotely cost efficient or fun to replace everything on mine as well? Or should I part it out? I will be willing to part it out wherever I can (Including here). I currently have a newer 2015 vehicle has my daily driver. So I'm not hurting for either car to be done soon. Total investment (Including towing and everything) is around 1300. I do not think I can get that back by parting out my car, but I can certainly absorb a few hundred. If I do part this out should I go ahead and move the engine to her vehicle as it has likely been treated better and has 300k less miles?