PDA

View Full Version : [SF Bay Area] 1987 Accord Sedan LX-i available at dismantlers

ewilen
01-24-2018, 12:37 PM
I hadn't driven the car for some time due to issues (below), and for various reasons I finally had to get rid of it. As my region & state have a vehicle retirement program, I went for the quick & easy cash. But that doesn't necessarily mean it can't live on in some sense! So here's the deal:

Blue Accord, drives nicely, exterior and interior fairly clean
~160k miles
Recently replaced, reconditioned battery
New radiator

Issues:
Cracked head gasket
Several Oil Leaks reported by mechanic
Seepage at fuel injectors
PGM-FI light comes on
*Some* kind of gaseous (exhaust? fuel?) seepage into cabin, not readily detectable by most people but I could smell it and it made me feel odd after prolonged/repeated exposure.

I can't imagine what the car would be worth, but if you're interested in the car as whole or for parts, it's listed here (http://www.baaqmd.gov/~/media/files/strategic-incentives/vehicle-buy-back/vbb_veh_inv.pdf?la=en). Look for the VIN beginning with JHMCA564.

Act soon if interested--looks like it's scheduled for dismantling on 1/29.

MessyHonda
01-25-2018, 11:47 AM
Did the driver side window work? Mine is starting to act up.

ewilen
01-25-2018, 04:23 PM
Pretty much. Push the switch past the "click" and it goes all the way down. Complains a little from 4/5 of the way down but it goes. Pull back and it goes up fine.

Currently there are a few '86-'89 Accords on the list, and I can see that the VIN prefix isn't unique. (There's an '89 with the same VIN at another lot.) So, I can't be 100% sure if mine is on the list yet. It's up in Richmond, at Carlos Auto Wreckers, whom I reached via Environmental Engineering.