PDA

View Full Version : Pcv Valve Replacement, Is there a grommet or is it the tube end?

basedgreyaccord
01-25-2018, 05:15 PM
Hey new member here, first post so i'm not really sure if i'm in the right thread but here i go. On Monday i tried to change the Pcv valve on my accord and i was able to take the hose on top of the valve without a problem but when it came time to remove the pcv valve itself, the damn top half broke off. I tried to remove the bottom half without too much force and it wouldn't budge. My dad decided to help out and sort of broke the rest of the old pcv valve with pieces being recovered via a car vacuum but mostly fell down into the hose beneath the valve, also the rubber that the pcv valve it sits in is old and brittle so it crumbled falling a bit in there as well. So i guess my question is, does the pcv valve sit in a grommet that sits on the intake manifold or is it the end of a special hose/ normal hose? if it is a hose that need to be replaced and not a grommet, should i skip the hassle and do a pcv delete? any help would be appreciated and thanks for taking time to read this long post.

Shane86
01-29-2018, 07:54 PM
Its a grommet it sits inn. I deleted my and I run a catch can