PDA

View Full Version : Coolant leak above fuel filter.

1989accordaz
01-28-2018, 10:58 AM
1986 accord LX. There is a fitting that has two small hoses connected to what alpears to be a thermovalve right above the fuel filter, one hose goes to the carbutator and the other one goes to the coolant bypass hose. These hoses are joined right under the engine, it has a clamp bolted to the engine holding them in place, right above the fuel filter and it has a leak. Trying to find the name of this part to replace it. Will hit the junkyard and see if an 88 that is there will have this part. Has anyone ever replaced this valve?

1989accordaz
02-09-2018, 03:57 PM
Ok, I went to the junkyard and got the part I need, looks like I need to remove the oil filter to have a clear shot at this part, I am lossing coolant from there and the car is overheating. Hope this fixes it, looks like it will be a pita to replace.

1989accordaz
02-10-2018, 09:38 AM
Part successfully replaced! I'll upload pics for future reference. It is a thermovalve, it has two hoses attached to it, one goes to the bypass pipe under the manifold and tge other end goes to the carburator. The best way to locate it is from under the car, as if you are going to change your oil filter, is bolted to the bottom of the manifold by one 10mm bolt. Had to remove the oil filter to have access to it, it is a tight fit but my ramps gave me enough clearance to work on it. So after a mouthful of antifreeze and some choice worda it is done.Thanks to the donor 88 at the yard.