PDA

View Full Version : 3G With Weber DCOEs Passes Emissions!

Site
02-18-2003, 05:33 AM
Kiss My Ass, EPA!

My car passed emissions this morning :D

In Ohio, the "E Check" consists of an exhaust gases analysis and a check for the presence of a catalytic converter. They never open the hood of your car.

Here were my readings:
HC (huh?) - 98.7 ppm; the limit is 181 ppm
C0 - .30%; the limit is 1.16%
C02 - 6.45%; no limit is given

I passed easily!
Here's what I did - first I ran a full tank of gas with an STP carb cleaner additive. Then, I ran another full tank of gas with a fuel additive called "Emissions Pass." Then, I filled the tank again, ran the car 'till it warmed up and took it in to get checked.

I was so pumped when it passed! Everthing I've read about doing a DCOE conversion has said that you shouldn't expect your car to pass emissions. I'm happy to say that it's possible!

I called my wife to tell her that I passed. She said, "So?" :lol

shepherd79
02-18-2003, 06:04 AM
did you do anything to the carbs? i mean like make them run lean.

Site
02-18-2003, 06:12 AM
Originally posted by shepherd79
did you do anything to the carbs? i mean like make them run lean.
Nope. Didn't change any jettings or idle settings. I wanted to see if it would pass without any changes.

LOL - I've even got a crankcase breather filter! (Vents my crankcase gases into the atmosphere instead of piping them back into the engine like a stock setup.) Since they don't look under the hood in Ohio I can get away with it.

PhydeauX
02-18-2003, 09:09 AM
As long as you have it tuned right of course it will pass. It will fail a visual on first site though. When people refer to emissions test they generaly mean cali tests, though if you can find a near sighted mechanic then you should be able to pass a cali sniffer test with them too. In PA its pretty easy to get shops to look the other way on the visual part. When I was working at a station half the time our guy didn't even bother to check for a cat.

andy