PDA

View Full Version : Genuine Honda Parts

Honda#1
02-20-2018, 02:05 PM
I am posting this here in project central because I find it resourceful. I don't know about everyone here, but whenever I can find and afford to buy Genuine Honda parts, I always do unless I have to buy cheapo but I have been searching for a Honda water pump for my 1983 Accord hatch because something not so good is happening to it and I know quality replacement parts are hard to find for our cars but I came across HondaPartsNow.com and amazing there are body parts available for 1geez! Check it out! Some parts are not available but others you think you will never find are there. Maybe some of you know about the site, maybe not but now you do! Have fun!

2ndGenGuy
02-21-2018, 12:15 PM
Good luck. I threw about 30 items in my shopping cart a couple weeks back. Guess how many I actually received? TWO. Everything else was on permanent backorder or unavailable. The only parts that arrived were the ones that carry over to newer cars. It's like this on all the OEM Honda sites. I don't get why they don't just say that there is no stock on the parts on their site.

Your best bet is to get the part number, and go to vpartsinc.com, and enter the part number there. All the old parts should have gone to them by now, unless you get really lucky. Then you can pick your favorite dealer, and they can order from Vintage Parts for you.

That and eBay / Facebook Groups / Forums / Craigslist are your best bets.

You can also browse that site, find your "chassis code" used for parts lookup (hint, the 3 middle digits of the part number are the vehicle code that the part originated from). So on vpartsinc, look for Honda parts containing 671 or 679 for first gens, and browse through there. For your 2g, the codes are SA5, SA6... There are others, but that's sorta how the system works.

gcovarrubias412
02-21-2018, 10:03 PM
Good luck. I threw about 30 items in my shopping cart a couple weeks back. Guess how many I actually received? TWO. Everything else was on permanent backorder or unavailable. The only parts that arrived were the ones that carry over to newer cars. It's like this on all the OEM Honda sites. I don't get why they don't just say that there is no stock on the parts on their site.

Your best bet is to get the part number, and go to vpartsinc.com, and enter the part number there. All the old parts should have gone to them by now, unless you get really lucky. Then you can pick your favorite dealer, and they can order from Vintage Parts for you.

That and eBay / Facebook Groups / Forums / Craigslist are your best bets.

You can also browse that site, find your "chassis code" used for parts lookup (hint, the 3 middle digits of the part number are the vehicle code that the part originated from). So on vpartsinc, look for Honda parts containing 671 or 679 for first gens, and browse through there. For your 2g, the codes are SA5, SA6... There are others, but that's sorta how the system works.

Damn dude, you’re the Honda God. Atleast on here! [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honda#1
02-22-2018, 04:47 PM
Thanks for the input. The OEM Honda sites are a good starting point when it comes to eBay searches. Sometimes the part doesn't come up when you type in "83 Honda Accord radiator cap" for example. Then you would get a radiator cap for something like a 1972 Honda GL1100 (motorcycle) but the part is interchangeable so then just hit up the Honda site with the part number and your model and it is a direct fit to your four-wheeled Honda.

2ndGenGuy
02-23-2018, 04:36 PM
Most definitely. I always start at the OEM sites to get part numbers and look up diagrams. The OEM part numbers are king when looking for the right parts!

carotman
02-26-2018, 07:43 AM
vparts is a good place to find older parts.

I got my car cover from them :D