PDA

View Full Version : I Have No High Idle!!!! Help

SMITHACCORD*&
02-18-2003, 01:23 PM
I have had my car for a month. and since i have had it the car doesn't have a high idle at all. i mean you start it and it just cranks and goes to 1200 rpm. Then it stays there forever. I don't know if there is some kinda adjustment i need to do to get it to work. could this have anything to do with my spark plugs or wires. cause it is running really rough also. Also could this be my choke and if so how do i fix it???

rideredorgohome
02-19-2003, 03:47 PM
on most carburetors there is an idle adjustment screw...i am not sure if this applies here. if your choke was screwed you would have a hard time starting it (stuck shut), or it would flood itself in no time flat (stuck open)

rideredorgohome
02-19-2003, 03:50 PM
I almost forgot, my car usually idles about 1200 rpm after starting, but starts at about 2800. It usually kicks down after that. It sounds like you are not getting fast idle at all. I think your carb just needs an adjustment. I have not had to touch mine yet, perhaps someone here has done that adjustment.;)

DanG86LX
02-23-2003, 05:50 PM
"... i mean you start it and it just cranks and goes to 1200 rpm..."

But what the choke flap is doing while u start the car ?
I assume u meant cold start but how cold ? Does rpms go up and down to 1200 ?
Are u sure all vacuum lines around the choke housing are correctly routed ? On the other thread u had problems with those after a carb replacement..
Not a bad idea to dump a can of carb cleaner around and behind the choke housing.

mindlos
02-24-2003, 12:09 AM
What did you end up doing with those #20 and #27 vacuum lines?

ACCORD EX
02-25-2003, 02:27 AM
is it cold ? i mean for the fast idle to engage ?

MIKE

SMITHACCORD*&
02-26-2003, 05:27 PM
Yes it is cold outside. And the fast idle does not engage. But now i am having a problem with my car not starting. or starting and running for only like 1 or 2 min then dieing. and if i touch the gas it dies also