PDA

View Full Version : question.

cubert
02-18-2003, 04:56 PM
ok..im lookin for a new head unit because mine decided to die on me and im gonna go crazy with no radio because of the way the exhaust is sounding at this point. Can someone tell me where i can get a cheap head unit? a couple people told me to go to wal mart which is what im thinking about because i dont have a job and i dont have too much cash to spend and id rather not go to a junkyard but if thats what it comes to then i will...:help:

AccordEpicenter
02-18-2003, 09:39 PM
If i were you id get a low end Pioneer or Alpine. Both will sound great even if theyre low option decks, and they dont break as much as other decks. I know alot of friends that cheaped out and got jensens, aiwas, or even really bad stuff such as pyramid and all wound up buying another deck within the year. Just get somthing halfway decent and save the headache

danronian
02-20-2003, 03:22 PM
Yeah I very much so agree...In my Chevelle since a stereo wasn't my first priority, I bought a jensen tape deck that sounded pretty good for $60 dollars from walmart, but then less then a year later the tuner is nearly non-functional. Also the stereo that was in that when I bought it was a pyramid which the tuner broke on and the led stopped working. For my accord I know purchased a pioneer from walmart for a cool $120 and for the quality sound and cd playing ability I believe it is worth every penny. I woud look at walmart soon because the one I was at had all of the pioneer head units on clearance since they were old models.

shepherd79
02-20-2003, 05:21 PM
i would have to agree with guys,
if you are on the big budget, than get pioneer.
but if you have some cash to through around than go with alpine.