PDA

View Full Version : Kiehin to Denso AC Compressor Conversion Question

G. White
04-02-2018, 04:24 PM
My Kiehin compressor finally stopped working a couple months ago. I must admit it was a champ considering I was servicing it with 134a every year, and I'm pretty sure that it was the original compressor to the car. Anyway, I want to convert over to a Denso unit and I have a couple questions. I was able to grab the Denso AC bracket and hardware at the junkyard. Will my existing Kiehin hoses connect and work with the Denso compressor, or do I need specific hoses? Thanks!

Dr_Snooz
04-02-2018, 08:26 PM
It's been over a decade since I did it, but my recollection is no. They're completely different animals.

Jafir
04-07-2018, 06:44 PM
The factory conversion kits came with new hoses. Like said above, completely different.

Ahamayym
10-02-2018, 12:39 PM
How do tell what kind of compressor is in the car?

Jafir
10-02-2018, 12:48 PM
The keihin has square metal plates bolted to the side of the compressor. The ND has the hoses bolted in a similar area.

Ahamayym
10-02-2018, 12:53 PM
Cool, thanks.

Ahamayym
10-08-2018, 05:28 AM
I learned a valuable lesson this weekend..... The A/C compressor and power steering pump bracket on an '89 Accord with the FI motor is an absolute BEAST..... I went to a local junkyard to attempt to remove a factory Desno compressor that looked almost new and found that if you don't drop the radiator or pull the motor, you WILL NOT get the compressor out..... A buddy of mine, my son, and I spent close to three hours trying to pull it out and I decided it wasn't that important as we would have to do the same to my car for the broken compressor..... FYI....

InAccordance
10-08-2018, 05:55 PM
Take fans off radiator, remove exhaust manifold, will slide right out.
I junked mine when I put the header on, was taking the manifold off anyway.