PDA

View Full Version : 4 piston TL type-s calipers

89accord_guy
04-03-2018, 06:57 PM
has anyone ever tried it out?
once at a pull-it yard there was a regular 99 tl next to an 89 lx-i.
board, i pulled the tl caliper and mounted it up to the lx-i's spindle.
surprisingly, the caliper mounted up, centered n just needed a bigger rotor and a touch of "clearancing" to fit behind the stock 14 in wheel.

then one day at work, I serviced a TL type-s with the brembos and started wondering if those would bolt up just like the non type-s did.
has anyone ever tried this or am I gonna be a pioneer?
what about swapping over just the flange in the wheel bearings for a cheap 5 lug conversion and easier rotor sizing?
master cylinder suggestions?
rear caliper suggestions?

i need brakes anyway, so since I've already se-i swapped the rear and need new calipers and rotors all around, might as well upgrade if I can get it on the shop account 🤔

Oldblueaccord
04-05-2018, 07:49 PM
has anyone ever tried it out?
once at a pull-it yard there was a regular 99 tl next to an 89 lx-i.
board, i pulled the tl caliper and mounted it up to the lx-i's spindle.
surprisingly, the caliper mounted up, centered n just needed a bigger rotor and a touch of "clearancing" to fit behind the stock 14 in wheel.

then one day at work, I serviced a TL type-s with the brembos and started wondering if those would bolt up just like the non type-s did.
has anyone ever tried this or am I gonna be a pioneer?
what about swapping over just the flange in the wheel bearings for a cheap 5 lug conversion and easier rotor sizing?
master cylinder suggestions?
rear caliper suggestions?

i need brakes anyway, so since I've already se-i swapped the rear and need new calipers and rotors all around, might as well upgrade if I can get it on the shop account 🤔

You sure these are 4 piston stock? I quick checked rockauto they only show single piston floating calipers. I do see some in red powder coat.

The rotors called for are 300mm thats 11.8 inches. I cant see that fitting under a 14" rim, 15 maybe.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=3869025&cc=1379033&jsn=516

rushell
04-17-2018, 10:17 AM
i got some 2 piston calipers from a 2005 lexus es 330 they fit on the 89 lxi in the junkyard i will try to put them on my 89 sei sedan tomorrow

rushell
04-19-2018, 01:14 PM
there close but no match yet