PDA

View Full Version : Looking for exhaust caps!

djeppeson
04-05-2018, 10:22 AM
Hello All! I am finishing up installing a weber carb on my 89 accord. I took the two exhaust lines out of my exhaust manifold. One is for the egr and the other for a carb heater. Does anyone have the plug sizes id need for the two holes left in the manifold? I'd appreciate any info!

conozo
04-05-2018, 06:25 PM
I had my shop cut off the threaded heater pipe end and welded a metal plate on top to seal it. Then threaded it back in. For the egr I feel like it was cut a few inches up then the pipe was bent causing a 180 dregree kink in the line. I think with the egr is a similar size to other Honda oil drain plugs but I could be wrong. As least it's small enough you can take it into a hardware store and figure out the size and thread pitch.

gcovarrubias412
04-06-2018, 10:23 PM
Hello All! I am finishing up installing a weber carb on my 89 accord. I took the two exhaust lines out of my exhaust manifold. One is for the egr and the other for a carb heater. Does anyone have the plug sizes id need for the two holes left in the manifold? I'd appreciate any info!

Pretty much any EGR block off plate from honda will fit. I know a 90’s accord one will fit. Just call and make sure first. Theres a post around here thats called “EGR delete” or something. Theres a link on there to a site that’ll sell you an egr block off plate for under $20. I made my own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shane86
04-06-2018, 11:48 PM
Egr taper plug 2.0 Nissan part number 14052-21R00.

djeppeson
04-07-2018, 01:22 PM
Thanks for the information! I'd like to get a part number on the heater pipe as well. Id like to use a plug so that it looks professional. I took the tubing end down to ace hardware to match it but we couldn't find anything. Any more info would be appreciated!

djeppeson
04-08-2018, 11:40 AM
Th and for the part number..ordered it from amazon. Do you happen to have a part number for a plug for the exhaust heater tube?

Shane86
04-10-2018, 09:25 PM
Th and for the part number..ordered it from amazon. Do you happen to have a part number for a plug for the exhaust heater tube?

Mine is fuel injection. I only had the egr to plug. I don't know the other size hole